corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My arden blue sport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My arden blue sport
garner90

User status: Offline
11th Nov 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everyone, Ive been on here a short while now and thought it was about time i started a progress thread.

I was after a corsa for a while but didnt want to get one due to not many hours at work (Worried i wouldn't be able to pay for insurance etc.)

When i got back from my holiday i was given more hours at work so started looking on pistonheads. This popped up and wasnt to far from me so thought it was worth a look.

The car required a new engine in it but I was up for a challenge anyway.

The car looked a lot better in person than it did in the pictures so after giving the car a good check I made the guy a very cheeky offer of £100. After a few more seconds of haggling a bargain price was agreed.

The car came with:

GSI front bumper
GSI skirts
Full Calibra leathers (Backs not fitted)
Uprated suspension (Not sure what)
Powerflow exhaust system

And unfortunately:

17'' wheels
M3 mirrors

Plans were always to change these when i had the money.

So got the car home on a trailer and put it in the drive and left it for a few days. Went out one day and started to tackle the mess, half the engine was still in the car, the other half was where the back seats should be. I got straight to work taking all the crap out of the car and giving the inside a clean.

Heres a few more pics...

More pics coming soon... :thumbs_up:
daymoon
Premium Member

11th Nov 09 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

different wheels. then u done... oh and engine lol. what engine it got now?
garner90

11th Nov 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Day 2- I decided to take the boot carpet out as it was covered in oil from the engine parts. Once it was out I could see the rust and muck in the boot so i set about tidying it up.

Got a bucket and sponge out and scrubbed away as much crap as i could.

I then took a wire brush to the rust and got my self a tin of Hammerite smooth white.

The spare wheel then looked a bit boring so spiced that up a little bit.

Then a little bit more...

I actually liked the fluo yellow that much i nearly got 4 steels to do it to and replace my alloys.

I then went on a journey to the scrappy to get a couple of interior bits to replace the ones that had been painted.

Always liked the pedo bear stickers so got one ordered and gave the spare wheel another colour change.

Will have more pics later on tonight...
garner90

11th Nov 09 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
different wheels. then u done... oh and engine lol. what engine it got now?

Its got a 1.6 back in it same as before, these pics are from August though mate, will have the rest of the story later on tonight
garner90

11th Nov 09 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So after tarting around with the car doing nopthing of importance i decided it was time to start doing the engine.

The bottom end of the engine was already in the car as the previous owner only took out the top.

So I thought for the price of the gaskets I might aswell just rebuild the current engine and see what happens. So thats what I did, after a few days messing around trying to work out where things go the engine was together. The hardest thing was putting the air con rad and radiotor in the car, we had to remove the bumper for this.

Turned the key and nothing. Was a bit gutted. My mums BF then connecting his jump start pack and we tried again... It started!

I was over the moon really, I had got a car cheap because it needed a ne =w engine but the engine it came with worked! It did smoke slightly though which I later found out to be piston rings... but thats a story for another day.

Heres a few pics showing the progress of the engine.

NeilGSI

11th Nov 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks a good base, all the best with it mate
garner90

11th Nov 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NeilGSI
looks a good base, all the best with it mate

Cheers mate, as said above these pics are from August so things have moved on a little.
garner90

12th Nov 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Early September...

The car was up and running so it was time to get an MOT. After looking over the car the only fault I could find was the down pipe so i got myself a new one of those.

Car in the air getting the new down pipe fitted (Ithought it looked cool :laugh: )

The car flew through its MOT which shocked me tbh, even though I checked it all over I expected it to fail on emmissions(sp) as the car was smoking slightly.

Another pic of the car at the test station.

am4nf

12th Nov 09 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That reg looks familiar? im sure it used to belong to someone on here
garner90

12th Nov 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
That reg looks familiar? im sure it used to belong to someone on here

Really? It would be interesting to know its past!
am4nf

12th Nov 09 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Defo looks familiar

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My arden blue sport 24 database queries in 0.0184910 seconds