corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » integra dc2

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author integra dc2
andy1868

User status: Offline
14th Nov 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it can't be as simple as "oh i'll just go and buy a SC for a grand" you'll need bigger injectors, aftermarket ECU, then a remap etc etc. i know jackson do a kit thats the charger, injectors and ECU for about £2200 then theres the remap on top of that.

they also reckon they get about 260bhp and 190lbs/ft at 11psi out of the B18C5 so you're perhaps looking at abit more from a UK/JDM one. no idea at what stage you need to start uprating internals etc etc though
taylorboosh

14th Nov 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was gonna swap then spend two grand on one I may swell custom turbo the golf? I just don't think an n reg is worth 5grand. I would rather spend some money and mine and get a newer ctr or dc5
Eck
Premium Member

14th Nov 09 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have a DC2 over an EP3 CTR any day of the week. And a DC5 is double the price for a good one. You could throw a couple of grand at the Golf but it will still be nowhere near as fun, and won't handle as well.
fir3vip3r

14th Nov 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
If I was gonna swap then spend two grand on one I may swell custom turbo the golf? I just don't think an n reg is worth 5grand. I would rather spend some money and mine and get a newer ctr or dc5

id look at it as though its an n reg car, its not gonna really lose anymore money is it?

it depends you can have an out and out drivers car or a mass produced barge?
Rob B

14th Nov 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think DC2s are awesome, if you want something slightly more modern but still with loads of potetnial then get an EP3, mines now running just shy of 250BHP N/a and getting Quaiffed next week
gavin18787
Premium Member

14th Nov 09 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quaife FTW needs to dry out so I can try out the VTS's one

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Fad

14th Nov 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob sounds tasty mate, quite fancy a DC2 next actually.

Would get a Uk spec one though
Rob B

14th Nov 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah can't wit just suffers from the front sliding out now if your a bit to agresive so should sortt hat.
Colin

14th Nov 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt buy an old integra its probably going to have been nailed to the max by now!!
taylorboosh

14th Nov 09 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I wouldnt buy an old integra its probably going to have been nailed to the max by now!!

this is what im thinking, vteked out yooo!!!
andy1868

14th Nov 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unmolested examples are still out there mate, just pure luck finding one. its a honda so at the end of the day some of them were bought by old people and have done afew thousand miles a year the luck of the irish was shining down on me when i was looking for mine
SetH

14th Nov 09 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every car ive ever done a swap or part ex with has turned out to have lots of hidden problems.

Due to the type of car your are interested in youd be better of to sell yours then spend a decent amount of time tracking down a good example.

Bit of a headache I know but not as much as a headache as getting a shitty example and dealing with the ensuing problems.
Corsa_Sport21

14th Nov 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 5th gen Honda Prelude 2.2 Vti has done 132k(4k since its last MOT last November) and i swear to god it drives like a brand new car.I took a potential buyer out on a test drive and he couldnt believe how well it drove for the age and miles.His newer VW Golf didnt feel as tight even with less miles.
Honda's engineering really is up there with the best of them.

My friend sold his circa 40k miles UK DC2 for £4k.It wasnt standard but only had a filter,Blueflame exhaust and EP3 CTR wheels but it was immaculate.Decent DC2's are out there and dont cost the earth to buy.
P1CK4D

15th Nov 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quite fancy a DC2 next actually.

Would get a Uk spec one though

Gay!!

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » integra dc2 24 database queries in 0.0174000 seconds