corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Wisdom Teeth

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wisdom Teeth
ed

User status: Offline
16th Nov 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it hurt having them pulled out?

I feel like I'm being a bit of a fairy putting off having one of mine taken out. But I'm a bit apprehensive...
richardworrall
Premium Member

16th Nov 09 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the dentist does it right you cant feel a thing except a load of pushing and tugging but the sound it makes through your gum and jaw still sticks in my head now. Imagine a tree trunk snapping and crunching as it falls.
Took mine all day to stop the bleeding then you have to keep rinsing mouth out with salt water to kill any infection.

[Edited on 16-11-2009 by richardworrall]

[Edited on 16-11-2009 by richardworrall]
Baz-Zico

16th Nov 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres strict guidelines dentists follow for that, they'll avoid taking em out if they can tbh
ed

16th Nov 09 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dentist said that mine was a candidate for bein pulled as it's growing out sideways and causing inflamation to my cheek. She said I should try doing salt water rinses to try and get the inflamation down, but it's been like this for ages and it's getting pretty bad some days.
Baz-Zico

16th Nov 09 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prob best to get it pulled mate, important to keep it clean at the moment tho, gets easily infected when its coming thro weaking the gums
davcohen

16th Nov 09 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you were closer id tell you to go to my local place, they did KO me but even after i woke up i felt barely any pain, it was more of a slight irritation then anything

i had to pay extra but well worth doing
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Nov 09 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got my my 3rd one coming through at the minute and omg its fooking killing! Warm salt water helps loads though I've found. I know what you mean about keep putting it off, I'm a right girl when it comes to needles and stuff so I'm not wanting to rush do the dentist just yet
--DAN--

16th Nov 09 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had all four out at once, was at the hospital under general so ended up staying in all night.
DC90

16th Nov 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got two comin through, my top left one started to come through a bit dodgey to the point where it was hurting my mouth everytime I ate. Luckily it's sorted now and feels fine . I've heard mainly bad stories when it comes to wisdom teeth being pulled out
corsa_paz

16th Nov 09 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have my bottom wisdom tooth taken out 2weeks ago as it was growing bent, and the pain i was in for a week for the worst anyone could imagine!! (think i got an infection)

Bottom teeth are the worst as the nerves are under your jaw

good luck and listen to what the denist tells you for aftercare!
eddiewhiteley

16th Nov 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother had all 4 out in hospital, looked like he'd been in a car crash, in bed for a few days swollen face and dribbling blood

mine all came through nice and straight

[Edited on 16-11-2009 by eddiewhiteley]
deano87

16th Nov 09 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both mine are impacted or what ever. So they are growing horizontally, not vertically. Last week they were growing and splitting the gums. It was horrible.

I have said to my dentist I am going into hospital and being put under completely to have them out.
ed

16th Nov 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you risk a general anaesthetic for a couple of teeth? From what I understand, there are reasons for it to be done in hospital, but most of the time they'll do it at the practice.
deano87

16th Nov 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Why would you risk a general anaesthetic for a couple of teeth? From what I understand, there are reasons for it to be done in hospital, but most of the time they'll do it at the practice.

The main reason but that I'm a complete tart after bad experiences in the dentist. Plus I'm fully private

But on a more serious note, the dentist has said he'd refer me because they're growing so horizontally.
Anty
Premium Member

16th Nov 09 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got loads missing, so would say they hurt..lol sugar lover
Lawrah
Premium Member

16th Nov 09 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine push in now and again.
*JonnyG*

16th Nov 09 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My front teeth are being pushed together atm.
Richardhhha

16th Nov 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baz-Zico
Theres strict guidelines dentists follow for that, they'll avoid taking em out if they can tbh

You got to be joking me, my dentist didnt even offer me any alternativs.. I had the problem where the gumm basicaly has a flap of skin partialy goinover the top of the tooth, he wouldn't cut the flap of skin off he just wanted to pull the tooth.. 9 shots of novacane to numb it, and a final one after he broke the tooth in half as it wasnt fully numb so just yanked it to one side and stuck the needle in along my jaw = ouch, then 3 weeks of pure agony as i waited for my gum to heal over the exposed and snapped off jaw bone.. Was not nice and as such im never going back to that particular dentist..

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Wisdom Teeth 23 database queries in 0.0132821 seconds