corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tech heads please help..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tech heads please help..
c0r5a_gsi

User status: Offline
   12th May 03 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My GSi has not be running right (no I don't have an induction kit ) it really seems to be lacking power, the car pauses when changing from 1st to 2nd, and then if i'm pootling around doing about 30 in 3rd, then put my foot down, there is massive lag, its like it dumps a load of fuel in but does not ignite it! It basically just feeling like i'm towing a caravan all the time
So I nipped it down to a mate who works at a garage at lunch time, and he put tech 1 on it for me, it showed there were no trouble codes saved, but he didn't have time to test the sensors and stuff cos he was supposed to be working. He said to try changing the "temperature sensor 2" because he said it alters fuelling etc.
So I went to the parts dept and asked for one, he gave me a Commercial Ignition pt no. XEMS3, looking on EPC it appears to be the same as a "Water temperature sensor" part no. 90510183
Does anyone know where this goes ? and If it does alter fuelling ?

Thanks

-=edit=- Oh by the way, its a C16XE engine. And I have had it serviced, changed sparks etc...

[Edited on 12-05-2003 by c0r5a_gsi]
Kris TD

12th May 03 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try the lambda sensor and reset the ecu.
c0r5a_gsi

12th May 03 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ecu has been reset. I did think about swapping the lambda sensor, but on Migweb they reckoned that it was only used at idle ?
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

12th May 03 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IIf your ECU thinks your engine temp or air intake is hot then it will retard your timing makink it slow!
Don't know where the air temp sensor is exactly on a c series engine but water temp is in the water outlet (just in front of your oil filler cap)
c0r5a_gsi

12th May 03 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, I think it goes next to the thermostat housing by the drive belt. But when I said to him "So where does this go then??" He said, "It'll probably be somewhere round the inlet manifold"
He had a quick look around but couldn't see it, and he had to get back to work, so I said I'd look in me haynes manual, but I can't see it
This is whats confusing me.
Oh one other thing, If that sensor was f00ked would my guage read wrong on the dash ?? or does that use a different sensor ? cause it appears to read pretty normal.

miles

12th May 03 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It goes in the thermostat housing by the rad top hose. There is a seperate sensor for the dash temp display. This sensor is used to see how hot the engine is, to adjust the fueling accordingly. Like a choke on a carbed car.

Has anything been changed at all?

If your mate doesn't know where the temp sensor goes he's obviously not to hot on these engines!

Seems like it might be more of an ignition than fuel problems.
c0r5a_gsi

12th May 03 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by miles Has anything been changed at all?

It has a panel filter and different backbox, thats it.
If it goes into the thermostat housing, does that mean I'll have to drain all the coolant before I put it in ?
I'm pretty confident he knows what hes talking about, but most of his work it with 2.0l cavs, astras etc. not corsa's
Anyone got any info on the O2 sensor, if its used all the time or what ??
Thanks for the help.

c0r5a_gsi

12th May 03 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ up ^
c0r5a_gsi

12th May 03 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bttt
Greasemonkey

12th May 03 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the same problem with my GSI mate, changed the idle control valve cos its revving all over the place too, didnt fix the problem i think its the temp sensor
c0r5a_gsi

12th May 03 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll post results up when I've changed it mate, may help in diagnosing your problem.
miles

12th May 03 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Water will come out, but if your quick not much!

The 2.0 16v vauxhalls (c20xe, Let) all have the CTS in the thermostat housing as well!

The lambda sensor isn't used all the time, just under certain conditions, mostly at cruise to improve fuel consumption.

I meant was anything changed just before this problem occured.
c0r5a_gsi

13th May 03 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope nothing.. the car has never really felt right since i bought it. Its always felt like its holding back.
morty

13th May 03 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the air temp sensor is the one in the trunking from you airbox the little thing sticking out with about 3 wires from it if that doesn't read properly then it could also starve your engine of fuel if it thinks theres not enough air getting in...

Darren

New Poll