corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » If ever a picture deserved its own thread...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If ever a picture deserved its own thread...
Ben J

User status: Offline
19th Nov 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Yeah it was a handball but who would you rather watch at the WC. Thierry Henry or Liam Lawrence????

Against England? Liam Lawrence please.

True....
Robbo

19th Nov 09 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Deffo something about being in the Emirates and diving......

DIVE
its the look round to see if the ref is lookign that clinche sit for me
Danny P

19th Nov 09 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah it was a handball but who would you rather watch at the WC. Thierry Henry or Liam Lawrence????

TBH i'd rather watch the team had earned a place to be there without resorting to cheating.

Liam Lawrence is a massive, massive wanker BTW.
Eck
Premium Member

20th Nov 09 at 01:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

[Edited on 19-11-2009 by Ben J]

What a ridiculous philosophy.
Ben J

20th Nov 09 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

[Edited on 19-11-2009 by Ben J]

What a ridiculous philosophy.

Why should I give a shit, i'm English and support England. Couldn't care less about the Irish, Welsh or Scottish. And i'm sure their fans couldn't give a shit about England.
Eck
Premium Member

20th Nov 09 at 07:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm referring to the fact you're basically saying that it doesn't matter if they cheated as long as the better, more entertaining team won.

Which I will say again, is a ridiculous (and now I will add RETARDED) way of thinking.

[Edited on 20-11-2009 by Eck]
Conway563

20th Nov 09 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I'm referring to the fact you're basically saying that it doesn't matter if they cheated as long as the better, more entertaining team won.

Which I will say again, is a ridiculous (and now I will add RETARDED) way of thinking.

On that basis he'll have no ill feeling on Maradona's handball in 86 as he was probably the best player in the tournament
Ben J

20th Nov 09 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

On that basis he'll have no ill feeling on Maradona's handball in 86 as he was probably the best player in the tournament

Doesn't compare because that affects England directly. Republic of Ireland....couldn't give a shit.

[Edited on 20-11-2009 by Ben J]
Neo

20th Nov 09 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funnier than the fact it happened and everyone was uproaring about it....But that Henry then openly admitted it straight after the game. He had a point though, he's not the ref, he did it out of desperation and it paid off.

If you were playing for country and that happened to you, would you put your hand in the air and say "No, i touched it, disallow it" ?
Conway563

20th Nov 09 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
If you were playing for country and that happened to you, would you put your hand in the air and say "No, i touched it, disallow it" ?

I can remember an international in the past where a penalty was given wrongly and the player deliberately missed. Not exactly the same but the same principal

(I'm not saying I would have admitted it shouldn't have been a penalty if I was Henry just making the point)
Danny P

20th Nov 09 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo

Hand on heart yes.

I'd sooner not win that win by cheating.
Marc

20th Nov 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo

I would have been subbed at the half time interval so I was ready for the weekend fixtures
Nath

20th Nov 09 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
Originally posted by Neo

Hand on heart yes.

I'd sooner not win that win by cheating.

Seconded. Genuinely.
Nath

20th Nov 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And it wouldnt even be a case of saying "No, i touched it, disallow it". I wouldnt have even hand balled it. It's just not on my radar when I play football.
Danny P

20th Nov 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And it wouldnt even be a case of saying "No, i touched it, disallow it". I wouldnt have even hand balled it. It's just not on my radar when I play football.

Sometimes your body does things you dont expect, this may very well have been instinct. However I thought Henry had more about him than the celebrate like he did when it went in.

It's alright looking guilty and upset after the final whistle, but I seem to recall him running off like a mad man when the goal went in.

Ref might not even have disallowed it, but at least Henry would have come out of this with some credabillity.
Danny P

20th Nov 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Play fair. Winning is without value if victory has been achieved unfairly or dishonestly.
Cheating is easy, but brings no pleasure. Playing fair requires courage and character. It is also more satisfying. Fair play always has its reward, even when the game is lost. Playing fair earns ...respect, while cheating only brings shame. Remember: it is only a game. And games are pointless unless played fairly."

From the FIFA Fair Play Charter thingy. Sums it up for me.
Nath

22nd Nov 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Henry was boo'd when he came on for Barca last night Gutted.
Hammer

22nd Nov 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deserves it tbh, another French legend tarnishes his name with his antics at the tail end of his career. Unlucky Thierry, you cheating frog.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » If ever a picture deserved its own thread... 24 database queries in 0.0912111 seconds