corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tempoary renting accommodation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tempoary renting accommodation
Rob E

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As part of my University studies this year, I have to find a 6 week industrial based work placement. My course is Motorsport engineering and therefore I need a placement withing a race team, development or manufacturing company to do with motor racing. Living in North Wales, there are obviously no full time race teams to try and Swansea doesnt offer much either so it looks like im going to have to travel. How do I go about finding a 6 week accommodation? I think it would get rather expensive if I just booked into a hotel or b&b for the entire 6 weeks. I have obviously considered family and friends but that option will entirely depend on where I end up.

Any sugguestions or pointers would be great
Cosmo

22nd Nov 09 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get short term rentals without too much of an issue, and failing that a cheap B&B wouldnt cost a huge amount.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Nov 09 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's worth talking to a family/old person run B and B.

My Grandma (she runs a basic B and B in west london) often takes in students/researchers for shorter periods like yours while they work up in london.
jrsteeve

22nd Nov 09 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldn't bother with most letting agents as the shortest available is usually 6 months. Short stay places advertise through laterooms but they cost close to hotel prices now so i'd say look for a b&b.
All Torque

22nd Nov 09 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a campervan and live at t' side of road.
Rob E

22nd Nov 09 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys, I suppose I cant really focus on an area until I find a placement. But now I have a slightly better idea on what to look for. Sod living out of a campervan for 6 weeks, well not the kind of ones I would be able to afford

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tempoary renting accommodation 23 database queries in 0.0078180 seconds