corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My First Car Project :) Arden Blue 1.4 16v Sport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My First Car Project :) Arden Blue 1.4 16v Sport
tom-gardiner

User status: Offline
25th Nov 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Passsed my teas a few weeks ago and have had the car for a while but have decided im going to start doing a few bits to it now nothing major just yet. All ideas welcome

So far it has a K&N air filter, thinking about putting the standard air box back in with a pipercross or K&N pannel filter not sure yet??? my mated tinted the rear windows for me the other day and thats the lot. evewrything else is standard.

Things to do....
Thiking of lowering it 40mm allround
Peco backbox
Cav Slabs, probably black or dark grey not sure

Any other ideas??

Thanks for looking
tom-gardiner

25th Nov 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah the chavvy 16v badge has gone from the boot aswell
daymoon
Premium Member

25th Nov 09 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bonnet needs replacing.
tom-gardiner

25th Nov 09 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah been looking around for a new bonet
TomTay

26th Nov 09 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slate grille, not my cup of tea cav slabs, lower 80mm at thw back and 60mm at the front thw calibra leather seats at front o and for the air filter have a de-restricted one with a k&n air filter, sounds so nice!
Adam C
Premium Member

26th Nov 09 at 04:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TomTay
Slate grille, not my cup of tea cav slabs, lower 80mm at thw back and 60mm at the front thw calibra leather seats at front o and for the air filter have a de-restricted one with a k&n air filter, sounds so nice!

calibra leather seats at front?? and leave the rears sport?

You do realise you can fit calibra leathers to both the front and back

Like said new bonnet, nice set of rims with some slammage and that would be a good start.

Im not normally a fan of cav slabs, but I do like them when people paint them black with a red lip, could do some with a blue lip and it might look good

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
16vKarlos

26th Nov 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an Arden blue 1400 sport my first car. i miss it like hell

Slight Inspiration (No engine mods ((Insurance))
  • De-badged Grille - £19 (ebay)
  • Dropped 60mm - Free From mate of mine
  • Sprayed Wheels - Halfrauds Bargains
  • De-wipered - Free £ 50 a gromet of something
  • De-badged - Free
  • De-Bumperstriped - Hair dryer - Electric costs though
  • Stuck on plates - £20 max
  • Light Polish - Depends.. plenty out there

outcome was good for me + good for the insurance.
    looked good and didn't cost any more

Karlos

[Edited on 26-11-2009 by 16vKarlos]
  • TomTay

26th Nov 09 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
    Originally posted by Green Thing
    quote:
    Originally posted by TomTay

calibra leather seats at front?? and leave the rears sport?

You do realise you can fit calibra leathers to both the front and back

Like said new bonnet, nice set of rims with some slammage and that would be a good start.

Im not normally a fan of cav slabs, but I do like them when people paint them black with a red lip, could do some with a blue lip and it might look good

do you realise the trouble to get them in the back lol, i cba swap the leathers round, tjust loked as if there would be flabby bit on the edge of the seats, so got the sport interior at the back and it looks good

yeah i have seen the cav slabs with the red lip and it does actually look nice, lol, contradiction i know lol, looks a nice car tbh mate, i love aren blue, such a nice colour
    TomTay

26th Nov 09 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o yeah, get some new number plates , looks so much better with new, i did and it looks much fresher dude!
    Adam C
    Premium Member

26th Nov 09 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having calibra leathers at the front and sports seats at the back just looks wrong, looks like a half assed job.
    Ive fitted 2 sets of calibra leathers to 2 Corsa's, I took my time on the back seat and it came out perfectly.

So as long you take your time then it can be done, but seriously... calibra leather fronts with sport rears?

TomTay

26th Nov 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it looks nice dude and other people said so, so what did you do with the holes where the seat belt buckles go, on the calibra seats there are two holes but on thw cprsa seats there aint???
    Adam C
    Premium Member

27th Nov 09 at 00:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used the calibra base seat, it does fit, loads of people on here strip the top part of the calibra one and fit it onto the top part of the corsa one.
    And the calibra base does fit in, you have to lightly force it in but it does fit.

Myself and 2 of my mates have had calibra leather in our Corsa's, and used this exact method along with many others members on this forum.

If you think mis-matched seats look good then fair enough but i dont.

Simon_16v

27th Nov 09 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Similar Reg No. to my old Sport too.....
    TomTay

27th Nov 09 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the only reason i picked the sports at the back is because it is black which goes with the front, if i left my old ones in, then that would look shit lol, so its better than that

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My First Car Project :) Arden Blue 1.4 16v Sport 25 database queries in 0.0135291 seconds