corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » Selling my air rifle

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Selling my air rifle
Bobber123

User status: Offline
1st Dec 09 at 03:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably wont find a buyer on here but its worth a go

scope is a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 mildot AO and it is very nice, made in the phillipines,
works very well in low light and for lamping £140 posted (£170 rrp without mounts)

Harris 9-13LM ultralight none tilt bipod £40 posted (£70 rrp)

rifle sold.. scope sold, bipod still available

any questions feel free to ask

Rob.

[Edited on 01-12-2009 by Bobber123]

[Edited on 02-12-2009 by Bobber123]

TigraSShole

1st Dec 09 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just out of interest you know what the laws are around owning/keeping and using these?
Bobber123

1st Dec 09 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the law in england is you have to be 18 to buy one new from a shop and you need photographic ID,
you can buy a rifle for someone over 14 as a gift and they can use it under an adults supervision.
as for keeping them, no license is required providing the rifle is under 12ft/lb power. They can only be used on private land or at a gun club or anywhere you have the landowners permission. rifles can no longer be bought new from online shops due to the VCR act that was brought in last year, but they can be bought and sold privatly and sent via royal mail.
no insurance is required to use an air rifle but it is strongly recommended.

thats the law for england, im not 100% sure on scotland and wales
TigraSShole

1st Dec 09 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im in england mate, i had a .22 not so long ago but i left it at a friends and it was conviscated by the police (ive been told by his neighbour he was shooting birds from an upstairs window) but i hadnt bothered getting another for fear i would spend lots of money on it and it would be removed by the po po. Apprently as the gun had no positive ID on it they destroyed it without permission. Seemed harsh but i guess it will teach me to buy it properly. So when you sell it will the owner have to be updated or is it "low" enough power
Bobber123

1st Dec 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rifle is currently within the legal limit of power so there is no need to update anything when its sold on, an air rifle can be confiscated at any time and checked for power but if its under the legal limit they have to return it, unless its being used for something stupid.
there is a common misunderstanding with airguns latley, the police want people to think they require lisencing but they dont, any gunshop or shooting website will state this.
TigraSShole

1st Dec 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet, so in theory as they conviscated it and destroyed it without my permission they were in the wrong? i bet they just told me it was destroyed to keep it in lock up. Wonder if i can go down there and get it back lol bet its long gone. If this is still about the far side of xmas mate ill be itnerested. Xmas is expensive heh!
Bobber123

1st Dec 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i doubt they will still have it, your mate probably agreed when they said they are going to destroy it so its probably been turned into washers or something. worth a try though. christmas seems so much more expensive when you are un-employed! theres no way i would be selling my rifle if i had a job
Jonny.N

2nd Dec 09 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2ud
Bobber123

2nd Dec 09 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

replied mate,
scope is £140 with mounts, posted, and the bipod is £40 posted

cheers.

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » Selling my air rifle 25 database queries in 0.3652160 seconds