corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just seen my first major accident aftermath...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just seen my first major accident aftermath...
Matt L

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 09 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bin to fill up an on the way back was driving down the dual carriage way and saw a ball of flames in middle of the grass verge inbetween the two sides of the roads first of not really thinking about it thought it was someone had set something on fire there, got a bit closer and turned out to be a car , with another car on the other side of the road all smashed up and a big metal fence completly demolished.

weird thing is the car that was in flames didnt look as though had bin dented/battered up from the accident.

just a weird thing to drive past a car up in flames, i passed it just before all the rescue services had arrived (didnt stop as there were loads of people there already and well... i wouldnt have a sodding clue what to do) just hope everyone was alright from it and considering there were no ambulances around i can only assume that is the case.

That is all from my very otherwise dull evening.

[Edited on 03-12-2009 by Matt L]
boz_gsi

3rd Dec 09 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wher was that dude as im local to you
Matt L

3rd Dec 09 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a500 between stoke and festival park

happend on the corner where theres a lorry park on the left hand side just before the mfi roundabout.

where a suprising amount of accidents happen last accident i saw there was with lambo and that ended up on the wrong side of the road.

[Edited on 03-12-2009 by Matt L]
boz_gsi

3rd Dec 09 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

asifff yer i know where you mean, theres always somthing happnin on there
Matt L

3rd Dec 09 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah and i really cant see how either.

will be in the sentinel tomorrow though probably.
boz_gsi

3rd Dec 09 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of the worst was the red gsi turb.. that 300 bhp one. they were ment to be goin up to speeds of 180 it said in the paper. car was in hundreds of bits think they all died aswell was 3 or 4 in the car

[Edited on 03-12-2009 by boz_gsi]
Matt L

3rd Dec 09 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell didnt hear about that one .
Cosmo

3rd Dec 09 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst I had seen was on International Drive in Florida, car was on its roof spinning round still with the guy still inside (car wasnt damaged much tbh) - we must of missed the accident by seconds tbh.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

3rd Dec 09 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember seeing one a while back, me and my brother had been playing football in Wigan, we were driving back down a back lane, spotted hazard lights up ahead so slowed down then as we got closer we saw, just before the car with the hazards on, another car on it's roof facing the hedges, makes you think, especially when it's a road I've ragged round on many occasions.
boz_gsi

3rd Dec 09 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was a while back now. was in the paper. theres always flowers there wher it happend by the mcguinesses turning asif you were heading talk from hanley
moka

4th Dec 09 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember last winter coming down the M2 towards London and seeing a Ambulance on its side, followed by 4-5 cars who had crashed in different locations in a 2 mile stretch... I joined the M2 when the lights were flashing (closed) but as it was my only route to work i just thought fuck it... there was NO 1 on the motorway my side for 2 miles and i drive past lots of crashes (none really serious just because of the ICE)... One guy died further up but i didnt see that.

EDIT : http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/news/Chaos-Thanet-Way-cars-crash-ice/article-592004-detail/article.html

[Edited on 04-12-2009 by moka]
Matt L

4th Dec 09 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bin talking to planty about it as hes just bin past it too and from what hes seen it was a clio in the central reservation which looked like it had colided with a lampost (drivers side) and then went up in flames so hoping no one was stuck in it
Richardhhha

4th Dec 09 at 05:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate of mine got a written warning at work for beng late one day (i know extream) anyway his excuse was that there was a fire on the M25 and he was stuck in traffic.. he got let off when he produced a video he took of it as he went past.
i've been driving down to coventry before and seen 2 land rovees turn over going down the motorway as the winds were that bad
Jenko_Sport

4th Dec 09 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw that Lambo Matt aswell.

Boz i thought the one that crashed there was an xe that the driver had only finished that night or something, had standards suspension and brakes.
boz_gsi

4th Dec 09 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jenko_Sport
I saw that Lambo Matt aswell.

Boz i thought the one that crashed there was an xe that the driver had only finished that night or something, had standards suspension and brakes.

no it was that red gsi turbo that use to knock about with sambo in his white turbo... well im 90% sure it was anyway
nathy_87

4th Dec 09 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seena few in my time. one fo the worst has to be he front end of a car stuck underneath the trailer of a lorry, not sure how it happend as i went past it after it happned. Been in a few myself not nice.
Matt L

4th Dec 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

link to the story about last night if anyone is interested
http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/news/hurt-A500-incident/article-1575746-detail/article.html

edit: read the comment about boy racers no mention of the drivers ages or genders etc and he automatically assumes

[Edited on 04-12-2009 by Matt L]
Jenko_Sport

4th Dec 09 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had a rant

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just seen my first major accident aftermath... 23 database queries in 0.0101609 seconds