corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Opinions on wheel issues

Poll: Opinions on wheel issues
  Wheels need balancing
  Duff Tyre
  Flat spot in the wheel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Opinions on wheel issues
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Dec 09 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So as above, on a company vehicle im using at the moment there is an issue with the front possibly both of the front wheels

Characteristics;
Additional noise at 45mph growing louder with speed
Vibration on the steering wheel starts approx 70mph
feel slight vibration through cabin at 50mph on passenger side only
Cheap budget tyres (newly fitted may i add)

Now i havent had chance to swap the wheels on the back (decent tyres) over or try a spare to identify which side it is, but i had one of the lads at work to take it to Kwik fit, as i persoanlly thought it was the wheels need balancing and they said it was due to a flat spot in the wheel, but this doesnt really sound like a flat spot, more a dodgy tyre if not the whell balancing but hey what do i know.

Answers on a postcard (or in the pole)
Thanks
Minty_Fresh

16th Dec 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheel bearing?

how long has it been happening? as soon as tyres wer fitted?

[Edited on 16-12-2009 by mk4_boy]
Nic Barnes

16th Dec 09 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how cheap are the tyres? what make are they? some of the cheaper stuff is so bad, that although it will balance up ok its still wobbly to drive with at higher speed.
Toby
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure only been driving it regulary over last couple of weeks, guy who had it before didnt notice it but then wouldnt have drvern it above 40 as it was used around town.
Deffo not wheel bearing as that was my first thought, thinking about it it sounds similar to my mums car when she had a duff tyre, but hers was on the back so had little effect on steering componants
Toby
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
how cheap are the tyres? what make are they? some of the cheaper stuff is so bad, that although it will balance up ok its still wobbly to drive with at higher speed.

not uber cheap but fairly budget in comparison to the avon tyres on the back

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Opinions on wheel issues 23 database queries in 0.4364250 seconds