corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Bt Contract

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bt Contract
ljames555

User status: Offline
14th Dec 09 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moving into a new home soon and dont want to continue my Bt contract over because the area I am moving into is covered by virgin media.

I am 10 months into a 18 month contract and been qouted £160 to cancel the phone and broadband early.

The account is in my name but is paid with my girlfriends bank account, if we were to say not pay it and just leave it what would happen ? me or my gf get a bad credit rating or would they chase 1 of us through small claims courts?

I must admit never had any problems with there service and always had great internet speeds but £160 cancellation fee is something we could do without , I would also need a new line in my new house if I was to move the service so thats a £120 odd quid for a line.

ljames555

15th Dec 09 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any advice ?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Dec 09 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

virgin media are wank

get bt in your new house with sky!
ljames555

15th Dec 09 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

around here everyone I know have excellent service with virgin and I like the on demand stuff with there Tv package.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Dec 09 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but for the price you pay compared to sky.

well i know the hd package on sky is far superior
ljames555

20th Dec 09 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know what would happen if we cancelled the direct debit ?

Would they chase us with debt collectors ?
Brett
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 00:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you currently have a good credit rating, I'd advise paying it for the sake of such an amount.
Eck
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 05:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will send you letter after letter until they pass the debt on to a third party...Who will then relentlessly chase you til it's paid, or you're in court. Basically, not worth it. And you've not exactly got a leg to stand on in the situation... You love the service, and have completed half of your agreed contract and you want to disappear from the face of the Earth?

New Poll