corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » im snowed in at work.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author im snowed in at work.
Richardhhha

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 09 at 03:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have seen 3 gritters today 2 sliding backwards and 1 just sat in the curb lol

went into town today and waiting for a bus it started, 1 mile bus journey took half hour and a few sideways moments..

then had to go to me pairents which is 4 mile away took fecking 3h in the car
a_j_mair

22nd Dec 09 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i saw a fast trac with snow plough this morning, proper job
Jambo

22nd Dec 09 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fecking trains are running. Great! Got to go out in tne fucking snow whilst all my other colleagues get to stay at home so i can go and open a shop that nobody will be going to today

Mrs Jambo got in at 3am, ive had sub 4hrs sleep. Need my bed
Ojc

22nd Dec 09 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bus is running on my route, like fuck I'm getting on it and getting stuck in the town centre again for 6 hours.
Rob_Quads

22nd Dec 09 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When it's snowing heavy like it has been gritters are fighting a losing battle. Grit is only good for melting a bit of snow. If it dumps more than an inch quickly it dies nothing in the short term. Grit will now just help speed up the natural melting process but not by much
look at a ski resort - they grit but the roads stay White.

Maybe the times are changing such that people in the UK should get winter tyres which make HUGE amounts of differences in grip
ed

22nd Dec 09 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They tend to plough the main roads in ski resorts as the salt pollutes the environment. The difference between here and there though is it isn't a legal obligation to carry chains here.
Paul_J

22nd Dec 09 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've gone to work today... fairly easy drive, no traffic on the road at all.

I was the only car that left my block of flats though
Tomnova16
Premium Member

22nd Dec 09 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like fwd ftw, had some fun in my yard in the C3 then parked up, got the M3 out the workshop to park it up and got stuck, stuck stuck and stuck, had to put grit down and shovel yard before i could move it

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
ryzer

22nd Dec 09 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am the only one back in work today, why am i such a mug?
Paul_J

22nd Dec 09 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ryzer

haha I know the feeling

problem is, my work is miles from home - so when it's shit weather at home, it's perfectly fine at work and so people just go 'what's the problem? make the effort'.

- I wish I hadn't bothered today. can't be arsed. 40 mins and i've just been surfing the net since i got in, the day may follow this trend...

This is my last day till im off for christmas - I won't be back till 4th of Jan, so thought i may as well come in.
Neo

22nd Dec 09 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got home about 9 and back in today, not quite sure how. Actually spun the car coming out my driveway as the road was just ice. Fingers crossed i'll get home tonight
Rob_Lee
Banned

22nd Dec 09 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the side road to my work is quite long... i love it... when i come in in the morning i dab the handbrake and slide into the car park... its awesome.
Paul_J

22nd Dec 09 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
I got home about 9 and back in today, not quite sure how. Actually spun the car coming out my driveway as the road was just ice. Fingers crossed i'll get home tonight

Worst bit I had was a stopped stream of traffic going the opposite way... me trundling along some icy roads, the lights about 100 yards away turning red, me doing 25 mph and everytime i tried to brake the car would pick up and start rotating towards the parked traffic...

In the end I just thought fuck it and went through the red light at about 15 mph it was ok though as all the stationary traffic was blocking the path of oncoming traffic on the red light anyway.
Robbo

22nd Dec 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by atz_49
Here in Tamworth (Midlands, not far from Birmingham) there's no absolutely no snow. All roads functioning completely as normal. In fact it raining at the moment. It's beena typical grey December day. Hard to believe other parts have it so bad!
goign north fdrom newbury was absoluitely fine, it was just east and south of there thayt was affected b ut the snow was comign down very very heavily at one pooint
ryzer

22nd Dec 09 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by ryzer

haha I know the feeling

problem is, my work is miles from home - so when it's shit weather at home, it's perfectly fine at work and so people just go 'what's the problem? make the effort'.

- I wish I hadn't bothered today. can't be arsed. 40 mins and i've just been surfing the net since i got in, the day may follow this trend...

This is my last day till im off for christmas - I won't be back till 4th of Jan, so thought i may as well come in.

same here, thought i would at least try, and got in easy! people are using it as an excuse today, ah well
ste_p23

22nd Dec 09 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some pictures of where i live taken from my spare room! First picture is my drive and garden lol and the 2nd one ( sorry about the quality) is the top of the street which is a slight hill

And i have to go to work at 2pm today

Let the good times roll
mwg

22nd Dec 09 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know the reason why I keep seeing gritters with the snow ploughs on the front driving round and they are neither gritting the road or using the plough? What the fuck do we pay tax for if they cant even clear the roads?
ste_p23

22nd Dec 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
What the fuck do we pay tax for if they cant even clear the roads?

My thoughts exactly it makes my piss boil when we pay our council tax but yet are just left to deal with the issues ourselves so more than likely ill be out there with a shovel and some salt later

[Edited on 22-12-2009 by ste_p23]
ryzer

22nd Dec 09 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are gritting like nutters the main roads, they havent clicked that people couldnt get out of the industrail estates yesterday to get to said main roads. muppets.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » im snowed in at work. 24 database queries in 0.0147390 seconds