corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » For all you people who say what happened to global warming

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author For all you people who say what happened to global warming
Marc

User status: Offline
13th Jan 10 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing my bit, I've got everything turned on at the moment
John

13th Jan 10 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Climate change is happening, it's got absolutely nothing to do with our co2 production though, that was something created on a slow news day, the same as the recession.
CorsAsh

13th Jan 10 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
to make you aware global warming can create both extremes of weather. that is all
Where did the hole in the ozone layer go, remember, the one that was letting radiation in and going to kill everything in 10 years.

We're heading for a new, natural ice age, maybe a bit earlier than the cycle suggests, but I'm not rushing out to buy an ethnic peace bicycle and underwear made from nettles to save the Polar bear.

[Edited on 13-01-2010 by CorsAsh]
Jules S
Premium Member

13th Jan 10 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remember when we were all told to cut back CFC's to save the o-zone?

Seems like we all cut our own throats then....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/dec/01/ozone-antarctica

I can still remember the wankers that started all this climate change bollocks off when we were told there was an impending ice age coming then the data was spun and it was the o-zone then it was global warming now it's climate change

Edit: we cross posted Ash....enjoy the link

[Edited on 13-01-2010 by Jules S]
Sam
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We (humans) have definitely had some impact on the environment and our climates - it would be pretty naive to think we don't as you can go to somewhere like Beijing, China for example and look up at the smoggy sky during daylight for proof.

I do think a lot of this global warming/climate change stuff is too hyped up though. We've pretty much fucked up the environment for several hundred years now, we can cut back on the 'bad' things we do to the environment today but as Jules has pointed out fixing one thing causes a new set of problems and has great potential to make things worse than before the 'fix'.
DaveyLC

14th Jan 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
to make you aware global warming can create both extremes of weather. that is all

But we are not seeing anything that is any more extreme than weather patterns we have seen in the last 25 years.
sand-eel

14th Jan 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH we do make a difference, on sept 11th when all the planes were grounded the high/low temperature changed by over 1 degree all over the country in 3 days.
But still I don't think it makes a difference taxing people.

[Edited on 14-01-2010 by sand-eel]
adiohead

14th Jan 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IF we are really causing climate change then we'd stop farming animals.

this won't happen as we are not causing it.
ryzer

14th Jan 10 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wasnt there a winter like this in 1983 and 1963 or somewhere around that mark? i dont believe this rubbish, plus even if the entire UK stopped producing co2 tomorrow, we produce less than 1% of the worlds co2. so lets go buy a v8.
Root

14th Jan 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you was going to say "for those of you who don't believe in global warming...look at Haiti" lol. I was thinking wtf?

[Edited on 14-01-2010 by Root]
RichR
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are photos in our local pub showing snow upto the first floor windows of houses in the village in the 1930s and 1970s - We get a scattering for a couple of weeks in winter and everyone cries Global Warming - fucking hell if the same happened as back then now, they'd think the end of the world had arrived
adiohead

14th Jan 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ryzer
wasnt there a winter like this in 1983 and 1963 or somewhere around that mark? i dont believe this rubbish, plus even if the entire UK stopped producing co2 tomorrow, we produce less than 1% of the worlds co2. so lets go buy a v8.

yeah, here's some uk winter history info i found:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/worst_winters.shtml

[Edited on 14-01-2010 by adiohead]
Paul_J

14th Jan 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
TBH we do make a difference, on sept 11th when all the planes were grounded the high/low temperature changed by over 1 degree all over the country in 3 days.
But still I don't think it makes a difference taxing people.

[Edited on 14-01-2010 by sand-eel]

How can you actually conclude that (assuming planes were grounded for one day)?

What I mean is...

Are you saying the planes were grounded for 1 day, and the temperatures changed all over the country for that day?

Changed compared to what?
the day before?
the day after?

What happens every day normally? the temperature changes up and down... THATS A NORMAL DAY. How can you say whether the temp going up or down on any particular day is just normal or caused by the planes being grounded that day?

Do you see what I'm saying...
Yesterday was -1 degree C, today it's 2 degrees C. That's a massive 3 degree rise in temp... Which is considered normal.
However, if some random event had happened like planes all being grounded, you'd jump to the conclusion that this 3 degree rise is not a normal rise, but instead linked with the planes being grounded
RichR
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest; more snow - more possibility to Snowboard at home so I don't care........................
Root

14th Jan 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest, who cares unless they crashed their car this winter, which i have and i still don't care?

other than that, it's a bit colder, grow a pair and stop complaining about the weather you old bids.
adiohead

14th Jan 10 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
to be honest, who cares unless they crashed their car this winter, which i have and i still don't care?

other than that, it's a bit colder, grow a pair and stop complaining about the weather you old bids.

the big issue is that governments and companies are using it as an excuse to tax us higher and make us spend more.
Tiger

14th Jan 10 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

But we are not seeing anything that is any more extreme than weather patterns we have seen in the last 25 years.

One change in the last 20 years is that the UK has more tornados PER SQUARE MILE OF LAND than the USA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/az/alphabet60.shtml
Ojc

14th Jan 10 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet we had just as many tornados last century but due to more impending matters i.e. being bombed to shit by the Luftwaffe it never got reported.
adiohead

14th Jan 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger

One change in the last 20 years is that the UK has more tornados PER SQUARE MILE OF LAND than the USA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/az/alphabet60.shtml

is that a change? or have we always had them?
Tiger

14th Jan 10 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, that should possibly be reported tornados.
Root

14th Jan 10 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
Originally posted by Root

the big issue is that governments and companies are using it as an excuse to tax us higher and make us spend more.

don't they do that about pretty much everything?
adiohead

14th Jan 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Statistically, in fact, we have gone through a relatively quiet period of tornado activity in recent years. The tornado which hit north-west London last December, causing damage to around 100 homes, was overdue, as the last large tornado before that had come in 1981, a far longer lull than we would normally expect.
We need not, therefore, worry about tornadoes becoming more common in future, though we may get more used to hearing about them."

adiohead

14th Jan 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Ok, that should possibly be reported tornados.

to back you up (from same article):

Are they becoming more commonplace? It is true to say that more tornadoes are being reported and confirmed than ever (an average of 33 are now reported in the UK each year) and the UK has the highest ratio of reported tornadoes per unit of area in the world.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » For all you people who say what happened to global warming 23 database queries in 0.2832379 seconds