corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what is the maximum bhp you can get out of a 1.6 16v x16xe corsa sport

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what is the maximum bhp you can get out of a 1.6 16v x16xe corsa sport
stingray1987

User status: Offline
12th Jan 10 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to have a little saxo vtr and they do handle well, even better when lowerd 25mm. i found they are relaibale and very easy to fix as everything is done cheaply but works well. i did have a crash in one tho at 30mph and the bonnet/headlights/wing/slampanel was all nakerd aswell as twisting the chasis leg but i havent crashed my corsa yet (thank god) so i don't know if that would be any better. im sorry say it but ive rebuilt the engine in my x16xe and i still dont think it is as fast as my 2002 saxo vtr in a straight line nevermind a bend.
a vts/106 gti would rape an x16xe.
you also say if you mod an x16xe it would be 135bhp with a remap and cams and powerbox ect.
well the vts with just cams,remap,exhaust makes between 148-160bhp.

i dont know if my corsa is the black sheep of the family or something but it has been nothign but trouble where my saxo was very reliable but it was 3 years newer and had full serivce history.

dnt get me worng i do like my corsa, but thats manily because ive spent that much fixing it that its now not worth selling so im stuck with it so ive got lern to like it.

[Edited on 12-01-2010 by stingray1987]
philip2

12th Jan 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the vaux lumps are mega restricted though, lotus got them to 148bhp before vaux had it derestricted. dont forget though the pugs revs about 1k more than the vauxs so you might not be far off power wise between the 2 if the vaux was built in a similar way to the pug
wacwac86

12th Jan 10 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a vtr as my first car handled great never let me down in a bend but that was about it poor reliability and build quality let it down i wont own another one. Ive now got a 1.4 16v sport and in my opinion its rapes the saxo in a straight line a mate of mine thas owned a few vtr's even thought mine seemed quicker than most but it just didnt do it for me
8vcorsa

12th Jan 10 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by 8vcorsa
soo can you get the 1.6 16v faster than a saxo vts and all that just by the engine and not stripping it and all that

faster in a straight line maybe. it will never handle as good as a saxo vts.
it will iv lowered it 60mm and im putting an upper front strut brace im getting a rear strut brace soon and its lowered on shocks and springs both g-max
Nic Barnes

12th Jan 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
soo can you get the 1.6 16v faster than a saxo vts and all that just by the engine and not stripping it and all that

it will iv lowered it 60mm and im putting an upper front strut brace im getting a rear strut brace soon and its lowered on shocks and springs both g-max

honestly. it still wont handle as good.
8vcorsa

12th Jan 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

my bro took his saxo around 1 roundabout at 90 i think and im going to try it in my corsa 1day when iv done all the handling
philip2

12th Jan 10 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no offence dont be a dick.hero, leave it for ty croes or sumthing
philip2

12th Jan 10 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no offence dont be a dick.hero, leave it for ty croes or sumthing
Nic Barnes

12th Jan 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

my bro took his saxo around 1 roundabout at 90 i think and im going to try it in my corsa 1day when iv done all the handling

having owned a saxo vts, and a corsa with coilee's roll bars strut braces lowered its tits off. its not a patch on a saxo still.
harrisp

12th Jan 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive driven a couple of vtrs and a couple of 106s (most lowered with decent tyres) and neither of my corsas handled aswell lowered with decent tyres.
Root

12th Jan 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not to sound funny, but if french cars handle better, why are you on a corsa forum?
Nic Barnes

12th Jan 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i own a corsa is my reason why im here. although, i dont think corsas are the best things in the world.
jay2907

12th Jan 10 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i think i just think you mite end up doing 90 in a ambulance on way to hospital then hehe i had my on struts n rolls bars in the 1.6corsa and it still never handled better than a saxo when its lowerd they are pretty sick..
8vcorsa

12th Jan 10 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the front is light on the saxos but the back is light on the corsas
Nic Barnes

12th Jan 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah heavy front end and light rear end is just going to be bad for handling really.
jay2907

12th Jan 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only option realy is to have realy good brakes so you can brake right at the last minute a friend has brembos off a 350z on his st fiesta they are very good all he does is tap em
harrisp

13th Jan 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
not to sound funny, but if french cars handle better, why are you on a corsa forum?

Because I own a corsa, i actually like them for some reason, an M3 is faster than my corsa but Im not going to run off to a BMW forum am I?
stingray1987

13th Jan 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
Originally posted by Root

Because I own a corsa, i actually like them for some reason, an M3 is faster than my corsa but Im not going to run off to a BMW forum am I?

so if you could afford a bmw m3 and afford to insure in and tax it and run it witout crippling yourself then you would still keep your corsa? me thinks not lol
6580gareth

13th Jan 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

having owned a saxo vts, and a corsa with coilee's roll bars strut braces lowered its tits off. its not a patch on a saxo still.

That's your mistake lowering too much. Corsa's tend to understeer when lowered. Uprated standard height springs on the fornt and lower the back 25mm and Polybush the whole car then you've got a nice handling car.
Nic Barnes

13th Jan 10 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 6580gareth
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's your mistake lowering too much. Corsa's tend to understeer when lowered. Uprated standard height springs on the fornt and lower the back 25mm and Polybush the whole car then you've got a nice handling car.

nice, but no saxo
6580gareth

13th Jan 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree can't beat the french for front end grip but don't like the back end very twitchy!!
8vcorsa

14th Jan 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 6580gareth
I agree can't beat the french for front end grip but don't like the back end very twitchy!!
the most back end on a car i like is the clios especially my old clio 1.8 16v thats on coilovers and thats a beast but when you go for it around a corner one of its back wheel is up only when going fast
Whittie

15th Jan 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aren't you 15? How come you've had two cars already?
Nic Barnes

15th Jan 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

n dub out loud
8vcorsa

15th Jan 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Aren't you 15? How come you've had two cars already?
yeah im 15 and i actually had 5 cars inc this one

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll