corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fires at gigs/campsites banned

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fires at gigs/campsites banned
flybikeslee

User status: Offline
18th Jan 10 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could have sworn i read something about this recently, but can't for the life of me find anything now..... it really wouldn't suprise me with health and safety etc
Generation

18th Jan 10 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

V fest banned them, I went reading this year and last night was not allowed any. Its only since chavs have started going to these festivals, thats its been a problem
oceansoul

18th Jan 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep. They were banned at download and sonisphere last year. As were gas canisters. We got round it by having disposable bbqs and throwing....well everything, on it. Not as impressive as a campfire, but still a laugh.
flybikeslee

18th Jan 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah? So its more down to the actual venue as apposed to a new regulation/law?
Generation

18th Jan 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah,its because people lob chairs and tents on there like knobs, then stuff that blows up, which could properly injure people, no wonder H&S have steped up. That was one of the best things about festivals for me.
James_DT

18th Jan 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of camp sites ban it to stop the risk of tents catching fire, or you fucking the grass up, but it's not banned by law.
John

18th Jan 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never been allowed at T, there are a million tents literally pitched over each other, would start a fire instantly.
Nismo

18th Jan 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glastonbury will never ban them, its all part of the atmos.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
V fest banned them, I went reading this year and last night was not allowed any. Its only since chavs have started going to these festivals, thats its been a problem

didnt stop everyone from having fires on the last night though! i went to sleep at 4 and it was still going on... I got woken up at 8 by the sound of a spraycan exploding funny enough
Generation

18th Jan 10 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know I was woking up, to "get out of your tent now) all my "neighbors" tnets were gone had been dragged on a huge fire, me and mates circled of out had massive argument there was group of about 100 people doing it, there was riot police fights loads, my tent was literrly closet to the fire now rest had been taken, Had nothing like it previous 3 years i went.
Generation

18th Jan 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo

Its part of the "atmos" at every festival, just because that one is most in the press with the garbage shit they play(im not getting into this now) does not been they won't be banned
willay
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we had a small fire on the last night to stay warm, got put out about 3-4 times but we just put it back on. Any little cunts that got up close were told promptly to fuck off. On the last night we saw a security guy on a quad go up to a group of lads burning down a light pole, they pushed him off then drove the quad into the fire, was quite unreal really
Generation

18th Jan 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You were luky probably most scariest thing in my life, be woken up to people pulling your tent towards a fire. Animals, its all this posh indie kids,daddy has let them away for the weekend and they have gone fucking mental at the thought of freedom
Nismo

18th Jan 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Its part of the "atmos" at every festival, just because that one is most in the press with the garbage shit they play(im not getting into this now) does not been they won't be banned

Trust me I work for the fire service at Glastonbury, it will not get banned

They tried to years ago and nothing ever came of it, Eavis said without campiste fires and flares there is no Glastonbury, thus Somerset CC put no bans in place.

Its probally one of the only festivals where they provide all the fire wood for free too
willay
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate got chucked out of reading this year because he set off a sea-grade flare off in the campsite, lit up the field we were in and everyone went mental

was on the second night aswell, not fun

[Edited on 18-01-2010 by willay]
Generation

18th Jan 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Trust me I work for the fire service at Glastonbury, it will not get banned

They tried to years ago and nothing ever came of it, Eavis said without campiste fires and flares there is no Glastonbury, thus Somerset CC put no bans in place.

Its probally one of the only festivals where they provide all the fire wood for free too

Never knew about free firewood, thats good! I bet it does get banned though, eventually,might be a few years after reading what you said, but you know H&S it will probably become a law, when something really serious happens.

Won't stop me going back to reading though, wann go download too, but we will see
willay
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was on the first night of camping on thursday, when he didnt get chucked out.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fires at gigs/campsites banned 23 database queries in 0.3039620 seconds