corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » simon cowells single for haiti - everybody hurts cover

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author simon cowells single for haiti - everybody hurts cover
Paul_J

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was watching charlie brookers newswipe last night.

and it showed a clip in the past of Sting being interviewed on newsnight about global warming and cutting co2 levels.

Sting was going on this whole thing about how it's important people cut their co2 and yada yada - this will improve my pr and raise my profile because i'm showing i 'care' bullshit...

Then paxman turned to him and said ... 'How can you lecture people on cutting co2, when you're flying all over the world to perform every week, your carbon footprint is probably 100 or 1000 times higher than the normal person'...

- sting then on the backfoot said 'Ah, the press always like to jump on the fact that celebrities have big carbon footprints'.

Then paxman came back and said 'No, we're jumping on the fact that you're being a big hypocrite!!'

excellent.
Paul_J

3rd Feb 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Yeah but who cares what they get out of it, they are going to raise money that could save some peoples lives.

Would you rather they didnt do this, and didnt be smug - yet raise no money?

Wow similar arguments been used by the government for years to put up speed cameras and raise our fuel prices...

Would you rather we didn't put up more speed cameras and more children died on our roads?' ...
> - You can't answer 'Yes' to this.

Would you rather we didn't raise petrol prices and tried to prevent co2 levels rising, and let the planet burn?
--- I would say yes to this but then i look like a prick.

so let me edit your quote

quote:
Would you rather they didnt do this, and didnt be smug - and donated some of their own cash instead? Letting people who just want to donate, donate through the normal channels

Bingo - I'd be really happy with that.

[Edited on 03-02-2010 by Paul_J]
MoesTavern

3rd Feb 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"And we're sending our love down the well (AAAAALLLL THE WAY DOOOOOWWWNN)"
Cosmo

3rd Feb 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Yeah but who cares what they get out of it, they are going to raise money that could save some peoples lives.

Would you rather they didnt do this, and didnt be smug - yet raise no money?

Wow similar arguments been used by the government for years to put up speed cameras and raise our fuel prices...

Thats nothing like what the Govt are doing

These guys are releasing something that people can or cannot buy, and which does not effect those who do not wish to buy it in any way what so ever. Speed cameras, even for those who do not wish for more, still get effected by them.

Fact is, they have used their talent to do something that will provide money for people that need it. Now if on the back of that (or even if thats why they did it) is they get some good PR then who cares.
Nath

3rd Feb 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I was watching charlie brookers newswipe last night.

and it showed a clip in the past of Sting being interviewed on newsnight about global warming and cutting co2 levels.

Sting was going on this whole thing about how it's important people cut their co2 and yada yada - this will improve my pr and raise my profile because i'm showing i 'care' bullshit...

Then paxman turned to him and said ... 'How can you lecture people on cutting co2, when you're flying all over the world to perform every week, your carbon footprint is probably 100 or 1000 times higher than the normal person'...

- sting then on the backfoot said 'Ah, the press always like to jump on the fact that celebrities have big carbon footprints'.

Then paxman came back and said 'No, we're jumping on the fact that you're being a big hypocrite!!'

excellent.

Excellent

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » simon cowells single for haiti - everybody hurts cover 23 database queries in 0.0095940 seconds