corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa intermittant misfiring???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa intermittant misfiring???
Festabmth

User status: Offline
   3rd Feb 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all wonder if anyone got any ideas

I have a 1.2 litre N reg Corsa Twist with single point injection, I have so far changed:

Plugs
HT Leads
Cleaned points
Replaced knackered K&N Cone Filter for new Cone Filter (not K&N)
Put in Carb & Injector cleaner (at different times)

It seems to run ok when hot but has lost any top end it had and if run cold then is very hesitant and sound like missing, it does need a oil change badly which I am about to do when it stops raining for 5 minutes..lol

Does this motor have a Automatic Choke????? had similar problem on mk2 Astra 1.3 ohc

It ran really well with no filter and ran fine on new one up til a few days ago, it is drivable but is a pain in the arse on the dual carriageway..

It has also developed after a loud bang from I believe the suspension at the moment a habit of losing traction and steering going light which is not fun at speed.

I have it going to local garage on Tuesday but wanted to ask others opinions before the local garage starts tearing bits out of it..lol
stingray1987

3rd Feb 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well first off you will loose power with ur cone filter as it will suck in hot air aswell. put the standard airbox on with a new panel filter.

where did u use carb cleaner??? hasnt your car got injectors?

have you replaced the dizzy cap or coil?
Festabmth

4th Feb 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a cold air feed to filter from ground level and car does not warm up quickly so filter i think is ok.

I used a injector and carb fuel additive and yes mine is single point injection

I have cleaned points in dizzy but not replaced it or the coil as yet but may try to change the dizzy cap soon.

New Poll