corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What job do you do and how did you get into it?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What job do you do and how did you get into it?
Seany

User status: Offline
9th Feb 10 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a thermal insulation technician, money is really good, shifts are 4 on 4 off days and nights.
Got the job by being transfered from my old job, they trained me up ver a month then started full time.
I insulate the machines that help pump oil from the sea bed around Africa, going over there soon for some repair work
Tom

9th Feb 10 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 26 and a market researcher, I started off as a general office trainee with Royal & SunAlliance at 17, moved into customer service team after a year or so, then moved into the marketing department. Worked within the research function for 3/4 years and then got sacked for being stupid Luckily enough two of the people I worked with were in the process of setting up there own research agency, I started with them (after 6 months of being unemployed) in late 2007, I am now working as an account manager/data analysis monkey for a company with 12 employees and it's so much better than working for a big faceless company, everything happens for a reason etc.

I would agree with whoever said that now isn't the time to be trying to get into something new (unless you can fund your own training), so stick with what you know imo.
nathy_87

9th Feb 10 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm an adminisitrator and have been for 5yrs, (6 in april).

I went for Work Experience here while I was at school. So as soon as I left school I sent in my CV, (baring in mind i got absolutly crap grades) and got the job straight away. Sent me off to College to get my A-Levels.

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo]
Conway563

9th Feb 10 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a junior service manager for an IT infastructure company. Got the job by putting my CV on monster/jobsite etc nearly 2 years ago
Initially got into this environment when I was working in a pub and a mate who was a regular offered me a job on a service desk

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What job do you do and how did you get into it? 23 database queries in 0.5282650 seconds