corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Megane R26 F1 team

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Megane R26 F1 team
AndyCorsaSport

User status: Offline
9th Feb 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought that after i posted still nice cars anyway, my mates just got a R26 in black. Really smart.
Adam C
Premium Member

9th Feb 10 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went out in one of these not long back, didn't really know much about them before hand, but was really impressed, good power, handled well and really liked the interior

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

9th Feb 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Amazing, gut that owns my local tuning place owns one, off top of my head its got bigger turbo, intercooler and remap, maybe more, about 280bhp, and 340off ft/lb of torque.

This is the one with only 2 seats, cage, and plastic windows yeah? Or is that a different one, thats the one he has.

if you're on about paul at rs tuning think he's got it running 310bhp with 360lbft now i believe with Hybrid turbo, uprated Injectors, Forge FMIC, 3" Turbo back and RST Mapping
Tom J
Premium Member

9th Feb 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Thats an R26R Andy

same car essentially but with LSD, harnesess, no rear seats etc etc
Tom J
Premium Member

9th Feb 10 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my ph1 225

yes i have had my problems with it (mainly electrical) but all easily sorted. love the car though
Nick-S

10th Feb 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ what sort of electical trouble has yours had?

anything major?
MarkSport

10th Feb 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cousins mate had one of these when it first come out,got followed after a week and held gun point for the keys.He claimed on insurance and bought a CTR
Dr Pepper

10th Feb 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are amazing...buy one.

Im trying to do the same at some point.... the clio r27 is damn good too
Tom J
Premium Member

10th Feb 10 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
^ what sort of electical trouble has yours had?

anything major?

my key card started to go, so i had to get a new one as i didnt get the spare when i bought it. think it cost me £150 for the two.

electric window started to misbehave, but i sorted it by taking it apart and getting all the moisture out, the doors are terrible for letting water get in to the inner part of the door so the moisture gets in the motor

every now and then the front indicator stops working, the connections on them seem to get moisture on them, but this is easily sorted with a bit of grease on the connection.

the biggest problem i had was not long after i first got the car, the oil pump went and i had to have a new engine in it, as the whole bottom end was knocking. i bought it with 50k on it so i reckon it had been abused before and was poss on its way out when i bought it, but this isn't a common problem on the 225's only happened to a few, just gotta keep on top of the oil changes, i try and do an oil change at least every 8k, book says 12k but better to be safe

i managed to pick up a second hand engine with 19k on for £450 (stroke of luck), but i also needed a new turbo (as it had been starved of oil) and a new clutch (clutches don't last that long on these, so i thought it was best to replace it whilst engine was out) Cost me about 2300 in the end including engine and fitting as think the turbo was about £800 alone

Hope i haven't put anyone off
Tom J
Premium Member

10th Feb 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh theres lock buttons on the exterior handles, these tend to go. had to replace two of mine but they are only about £18 each i think if you do it yourself
Nick-S

10th Feb 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no not at all

cheers for the warnnigs though.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Megane R26 F1 team 24 database queries in 0.0094399 seconds