corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Van stolen from Farnworth, Bolton.. spotted in Hindley - advice needed

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Van stolen from Farnworth, Bolton.. spotted in Hindley - advice needed
stubs

User status: Offline
11th Feb 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK great - North West then? I'm glad you've cleared that up for me.
I guess what your actually trying to say subtly is that I'm a cunt because I dont call you and/or my neighbour a mate/pal/friend etc...?
taylorboosh

11th Feb 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not trying to say anything mate, just that this is how i talk. you got sarcastic earlier when i stated somethng and some1 quoted it so i returned the favour

stubs

11th Feb 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan

Yeah. This is the way that my force works, can't guarantee that its the same for all.

I had the same situation with a stolen moped. Phoned the owner and told him to come and get it. By time he got there, it had gone. We went back a few hours later and found it again and sat on it for 20 minutes to give the owner another chance to get it back.

How does he stand if they find it burnt out or the likes? Would he still have to report to his insurance? I can only guess that the reason he's not wanting to report to them is that he's worried he'll loose his no claims aswell as the van

Is it a legal obligation?
taylorboosh

11th Feb 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant see how he would lose ncb if hes not claiming
stubs

11th Feb 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
im not trying to say anything mate, just that this is how i talk. you got sarcastic earlier when i stated somethng and some1 quoted it so i returned the favour

Fair do's... sorry for getting sarc'y then. I just dont appreciate people ryhming off the usual expected replys when I've tried to ask them not to. I didn't mean to offend or direct it at you personally
taylorboosh

11th Feb 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but i dont think hes covered after leaving the keys in. he should tell them hes not in posesion of the van anymore but doesnt wish to claim
stubs

11th Feb 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
cant see how he would lose ncb if hes not claiming

But would they not still consider it to be a claim regardless of it's success?
I'm looking from the insurer's point of view... I woudln't want to insure a prat like that if I knew he was in the habbit of leaving the van running on a highstreet un-locked and un-attended.
Which also makes me think that he'd be in the wrong if he didn't report it... possible case for insurance fraud? I don't know personally, I'm just speculating
taylorboosh

11th Feb 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just cancel the policy and ask o be sent no claims, same as going tit for tat after an accident?
Welsh Dan

11th Feb 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubs
quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan

Yeah. This is the way that my force works, can't guarantee that its the same for all.

I had the same situation with a stolen moped. Phoned the owner and told him to come and get it. By time he got there, it had gone. We went back a few hours later and found it again and sat on it for 20 minutes to give the owner another chance to get it back.

How does he stand if they find it burnt out or the likes? Would he still have to report to his insurance? I can only guess that the reason he's not wanting to report to them is that he's worried he'll loose his no claims aswell as the van

Is it a legal obligation?

He'd then need to claim it was stolen and torched. The insurance company would ask for the keys and he'd still be knackered.
Dan.H

11th Feb 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not if he has a spare set lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Van stolen from Farnworth, Bolton.. spotted in Hindley - advice needed 23 database queries in 0.0103669 seconds