corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » any help welcome!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author any help welcome!
philo1983

User status: Offline
12th Feb 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can anyone advise me a couple of things please i was wondering what people use for changing the colour of there back wheel hub ie is it spray paint or painted on etc and also whats best for doing the arch trims cause i am fedup of using back to black looks good but fades away after a couple of weeks thanks if you can help me.
Sean-B

12th Feb 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hammerite for your drums

Take your arches off, clean them up with white spirit, primer them then spray them matt black
am4nf

12th Feb 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need to sand them down first
philo1983

12th Feb 10 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys ill give it a bash hammerite metal paint thinking of doing them hubs and arches in black is it easy to get the arches off without breaking the clips etc

[Edited on 12-02-2010 by philo1983]
Sean-B

12th Feb 10 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by philo1983
thanks guys ill give it a bash hammerite metal paint thinking of doing them hubs and arches in black is it easy to get the arches off without breaking the clips etc

Yea about 7 10mm nuts on the rears that are easily accessible with the back wheels off.

The fronts are held on by the same but are a bit harder to get at, personally I take the whole wing off which is a lot easier than it sounds (about 7 10mm bolts) but the bumper has to come off as well.

You can just undo the bottom bolt on the wing at the very bottom of the wheel arch and pull the wing away from the car. You can fit a 1/4 drive ratchet in the gap, just don't bend the wing out too far.
philo1983

13th Feb 10 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sean-B
quote:
Originally posted by philo1983

Yea about 7 10mm nuts on the rears that are easily accessible with the back wheels off.

The fronts are held on by the same but are a bit harder to get at, personally I take the whole wing off which is a lot easier than it sounds (about 7 10mm bolts) but the bumper has to come off as well.

You can just undo the bottom bolt on the wing at the very bottom of the wheel arch and pull the wing away from the car. You can fit a 1/4 drive ratchet in the gap, just don't bend the wing out too far.

thanks sean very much appreciate your help ill give it ago tomorrow and take some pics of the outcome not sure how to upload them on but ill try lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » any help welcome! 23 database queries in 0.0118551 seconds