corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay quicky...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ebay quicky...
kz

User status: Offline
17th Feb 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, is it not possible to ask a seller a question without having a bid on one of their items!? Bidding ended on something and I just missed out, but the item didn't sell. When I click on 'Ask a question' I get...

quote:
Attention!
We have determined you are trying to contact an eBay member with whom you are not currently involved in an open transaction. For the protection of the eBay community, we sometimes block these types of communication. To prevent this occurrence from happening in the future, we recommend the following:

If you are a seller, respond to all bidder questions before the auction ends.

If you are trying to contact the seller of an item that has not yet ended go to the item page and click the “Ask seller a question” link.

If you are the winning buyer of an item go to your My eBay page under the items I’ve Won section. Click the action drop down menu and choose the “contact seller” action.

If you are a seller trying to contact your winning buyer, go to My eBay and under the Items I’ve Sold section, click the action drop down menu. Choose the “contact buyer” action.

Reply to seller/bidder through personal email provider (if the sender has not hidden their email address).

Thank you for your understanding.

The only way around it I can see is to bid on another item of his for 99p or something, an item I don't even want... just so I can ask a question about something else!?

[Edited on 17-02-2010 by kz]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

17th Feb 10 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just another measure to stop people trading outside of ebay.

We missed the deadline for a best offer last week so tried to send a message to tell him to offer again and we'd accept but we couldn't message him
kz

17th Feb 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I though that must the be the reason, annoying though...
Dan.H

17th Feb 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just ask the question through one of his other listings if he has other things for sale
x14xe sport

17th Feb 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

search for member through advanced search, you cam contact them once you find the member
oceansoul

17th Feb 10 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by x14xe sport
search for member through advanced search, you cam contact them once you find the member

IIRC it'll still show up that message and not let you contact them. Unless you have been involved with them in the past.
x14xe sport

17th Feb 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

works for me, also if they have other listings can you not contact them in thge usual manor
KingDoug

17th Feb 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/ebayadvsearch/__W0QQ_advZ1QQ_sofindtypeZ25?_rdc=1

Try that, it may be of help. It may not.

Either way

[Edited on 17-02-2010 by KingDoug]
kz

17th Feb 10 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It did actually! Save that link people... I went to his details after that, which had his email address in

Saying that, the part I was after appeared on my forum cheaper than he was anyway. But cheers anyway!
John

17th Feb 10 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've just not clicked on the right link, it's somewhere on the screen after you've clicked ask seller a question, it used to show up as soon as you clicked that.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay quicky... 23 database queries in 0.1463239 seconds