corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1985 Porsche 924 £375

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1985 Porsche 924 £375
jr

User status: Offline
20th Feb 10 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'A' Registration, Champagne gold, 1983 (1st of December) Porsche 924 Lux, 5 speed manual. 5 owners including me. No tax or MOT. Currently on SORN. 132,210 indicated miles. £375.00 or nearest offer.

I've owned the car for two years and i'm selling it because it's one of six vehicles that I currently own & I only have room for three.
She needs a clutch. It will slip in higher gears if provoked but still pulls normally in 1st gear so is still driveable if not abused.

The body is average to good. It needs a patch on the last few inches where the trailing edge of the rear O.S inner arch joins the outer. The tips of the front wings are a little scabby (the nearside less so). The paintwork isn't the best, as it looks to have had a little paint here and there over the years, but it's a nice looking car overall, especially for a cheap one and considering her age now.

The interior fan has stopped blowing. This could be fuse, switch or motor. I'm not sure which though as I haven't had the time to diagnose the fault.
The passenger door needs an external handle or repair kit because it only opens from the inside. (Again I haven't had a chance to diagnose this fault properly)

The tailgate could use a new pair of the little striker pins that secure it when closed as they should adjust but are seized so you can't adjust how tightly the tailgate closes.

There is a blow on the exhaust.

I've had the car on the ramp at work last summer and I could see no structural corrosion.
I'm led to believe that all 924s were galvanised after 1982, hence the sills and floor etc being so sound. I think the cosmetic bits of rust that I mentioned are as a result of either very old or not very good repairs.
It could do with a replacement steering wheel as the old one is seperating and a bit too big on long journeys if you've got long legs like me.

One of the small dash vents is missing and the standard 924 dash cracks are there (as is some slight wear on the driver's seat and one very small split in the passenger one) but not as badly as most.
The sun visors seem to have a mind of their own so will need some attention or a couple of 2nd hand replacements.
The luggage blind doesn't retract.
The pop up lights function but don't illuminate (they did until recently) and there is a rub/crack on one of the tail light lenses.

I'm sure i've made the car sound worse than it is, but I wanted to mention all of it's flaws so there'd be no surprises for any potential buyer.

I would hate to be mislead and wouldn't wish to mislead anyone.

All five wheels are in good condition and have very decent tires.
Lastly, because it's a Lux model it's got the boot spoiler, alloys and electric windows, mirrors & sunroof.

Jim 07710207419

[Edited on 20-02-2010 by jr]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1985 Porsche 924 £375 25 database queries in 0.0101879 seconds