corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Problems with minor lowering

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problems with minor lowering
Firefly

User status: Offline
17th Feb 10 at 06:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, i recently lowered my B 30mm and ran into a few problems.

First of all: Can the handbrake cable be relocated so it doesnt rattle on the exhaust or do i need new pipework?

Second: Over bumps in the road at speed im pretty sure its my guards bottoming out on the tyres. Can much be done to fix this? Ive got 16x7s with 195/45s under it (Probably the fist mistake there)
steel

17th Feb 10 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the same problem on my car

lowerd 35 all round and the exhaust rattles like a bitch! guna get it looked at sometime soon, although one solution is to rap some inner tyre tubing around the axle where the exhaust hits to dampen the sound, this used to work on mine but has started to rattle again so guna investigate haha

as far as the speed bumps i think its the mudguards scrapping on the floor, wel thats what ive always persumed it is, guess its all just the perks of lowering the car eh haha
djmattyh

17th Feb 10 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most likley the front mudguards. mine is lowered 60mm and it scrapes like a bitch. not a lot you can do though
Daveskater
Premium Member

17th Feb 10 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem with lowering is that the clamp on the backbox is straight above the axle. Some people seem to have no problems with it though. I did manage to sort it once but then un-sorted it Try adjusting the exhaust by rotating it or hanging it a bit higher by using different holes in the rubbers.

I worked around the rattling problem by cable tie-ing an old exhaust rubber over the axle. You can hear it hit it but it's not that loud any more

The front mudflaps are most probably scraping speedbumps, they're easy to take off though as it's literally three screws. I had mine on whilst lowered 60mm and it made a right horrible noise

Hope that helps a bit!

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
rbailey88

17th Feb 10 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha my mudflaps do the same, when cornering hard they scrub the floor... but after few months they just end up an inch shorter haha. i never had any problems on my current corsa with dropping back end 100mm, but on another corsa i had before lowered it 60mm and it was knocking like mad! mind you deemon tweeks fitted my exhaust this time and never had any problems.
Firefly

18th Feb 10 at 05:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not the exhaust on the back axle thats the rattle problem, its the handbrake cable on the pipe. Theres not a lot of adjustment that can be done because of the size of exhaust that wont end up making it wobble madly.

Speed bumps arent a problem either, i only take those very slow and at an angle (people think im an idiot, but its better than buying a new bumper every time).

Its actual open road bumps at speeds of 30 and upwards that are the problem. Most likely rear guards and not front too. Plenty of clearance up front
steel

18th Feb 10 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Firefly

Its actual open road bumps at speeds of 30 and upwards that are the problem. Most likely rear guards and not front too. Plenty of clearance up front

Mine did this when i had my car only lowerd on springs

a set of new springs and dampers sorted that out (supersport are fecking cheap)
Firefly

22nd Feb 10 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably time to get new shocks then. Short or standard? Much difference?

New Poll