corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone ever bought from auction? Specifically the one in Leeds

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone ever bought from auction? Specifically the one in Leeds
radicalry00

User status: Offline
24th Feb 10 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondering if anyone has ever bought a car from a motor auction on here?I've never been to one before so just trying to gather abit of information about them really.

I'm going to the SMA auctions in Leeds tonight to try and pick up a cheap runabout (sub £1000 if I can) and just wondered what the normal procedure is? A friend of mine got his last car from there and said there are plenty of bargains to be had. He can't remember how much deposit he had to put down or anything though.

So does anyone know how much deposit you've usually got to put down and how long it is before you can drive the car away etc?

Thanks.
Pauly

24th Feb 10 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've bought from and worked at an auction and sometimes you get a bargain sometimes you can get a car with no end of problems.
i bought a 306 diesel and it was ok for £500. jus make sure you have a proper look round it and listen to it when it starts up/running. if you can try and take someone with you who knows about cars.

its usually about a 10% deposit

i don't know anything about the one in leeds though sorry

[Edited on 24-02-2010 by paul_sport]
S@M

24th Feb 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been to that auction. its ok, but you get alot of traders, so usually anything decent that goes through you have to battle with them...

its jst like any other auction though. get there, register and get a number and start bidding....

im not sure on how many days they take to release the car, surley it will be on their website?

Twiggy

24th Feb 10 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Local ones to me.....

Turn up look round the cars.

Bid and if you win pay
£200 for under £1000
£300 for more than £1000

Then you have 24hrs to pay rest and then they release car.

Also 1% buyers fee on top of hammer price.
Twiggy

24th Feb 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Infact!!!

http://www.sma-group.co.uk/buyers.aspx

Its all there!
radicalry00

24th Feb 10 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the help guys. That link's useful but it doesn't say how long it takes for them to release the cars? If I see a car I like and pay in full do you think I'll be able to drive the car home tonight?
Pauly

24th Feb 10 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the one i worked at as soon as the car was paid for it could be taken away because they like to get them off site as quick as possible. might be different at that one though.
mattk

24th Feb 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate buys all his cars from auctions, just like buying private really

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone ever bought from auction? Specifically the one in Leeds 23 database queries in 0.2772570 seconds