corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » flashing engine mgt light - car wont start PLEASE HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author flashing engine mgt light - car wont start PLEASE HELP
entapryz

User status: Offline
   1st Mar 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

i hope some one can assist me with my problem.

I have a corsa pickup with a nova GSI engine - 1.6 8V
I had parked it up and it wasn't in use for 2 months. The battery had died and i bought a new one.
The next day I used the car without any issues and did a round trip of about 75 miles.
I parked the car and then two days later went to get the car and take it for its annual MOT.
The car wouldnt start. The engine mgt light was flashing. I checked my alarm (not factory fitted) and that was not the issue. The AA man said that it might be the transponder in the key. I tried the spare key and it didnt work. The AA man was unable to get it to start and we had to tow it to my local mechanic. He said that he has checked it out and the issue lies with the factory fited immobiliser.
Any ideas how I can get my car back up and running without breaking the bank? Bearing in mind that I've on the same day had to renew my insurance, the Tax is due and the car requires an MOT.

many thanks in anticipation for your replies
Pedro
2ltrjim

1st Mar 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

key needs reprogramming mate or possibly a new immobiliser ring.
AlexW

2nd Mar 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Err if its a Nova GSi engine than it has no imobliser, the corsa stuff would be doing nothing.

Confused by how it could do that as the engine ECU should be connected to the EML, and theres no reason for it to flash unless it was a corsa ECU with imobliser stuff.

So what engine is it? Because it cant be a nova gsi engine. Or its not running nova gsi loom/ecu

[Edited on 02-03-2010 by AW06]
entapryz

2nd Mar 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the coments thus far

it is a corsa b pickup imported from South Africa

the engine is a C16SE

i went to VX and they said that I'd need to get the cor recovered to them then they'd do the diag and that will cost £69. They then will be able to tell what is wrong and what needs to be done.
that is fairly steep isnt it?
but what choice do i have
anyone out there that has a mobile fault diag machine?
thanks
Pedro
2ltrjim

2nd Mar 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a tech 2 i can use but i am miles away from you

New Poll