corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Tried out 2 all in 1 systmes today, maybe i should re-think

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tried out 2 all in 1 systmes today, maybe i should re-think
Bullet Proof SRi

User status: Offline
1st Mar 10 at 01:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically ive been after a surround sound for some time now, nothing major, just something to give my games and films a bit extra when i want to.

On a budget of £200 i narrowed it down to

LG HT33s 2.1 system

SAMSUNG HT-Z320R/XEU 5.1 system

My local currys had both of them on display so i had a little play with them both the other day with the music demo cd they have in them, both sounded ok the LG one being slightly better IMO.

Anyway i wanted to try out my own cd to see how the base was, and i also wanted to try a copy dvd to see if the players pleyed them, i also took my beloved transofrmers dvd to see how that sounded on both.

Was a little awkward trying to play the dvd tbh as they are not hooked upto tvs, but got there in the end.

MMMM heres where it gets weird, my cd didnt seem to play as loud as the demo one they had in and i found on both systems i was cranking the volume really high, on the LG 30 out of 40 volume, one the samsung 40 out of 50 volume, if that makes sense and in all honesty it was not that loud.

Next i put on my transformer dvd and played the main menu and bits through the film, again i had to turn the volume right up on them to really give the systems some, setting 1-10 volume on both systems could hardly be heard, the LG one i set to 40max volume and i was not really blown away.

Whats going on, is it a case of neither system is that great, could it be the settings on them, and why was their demo music cd louder.

Any help would be great, but tbh im thinking of adjusting my budget now if this it was i can expect for £200, ive looked about and wondering what these are like

Sony BDV E300 all in one system

or

Sony HT SS360 Reciever and speaker package

I know they are a fair bit more money though

Help please

[Edited on 02-03-2010 by Bullet Proof SRi]
Jez_B

1st Mar 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look on here mate, Richer sounds are normally very competitive on price, plus when there in person you can always haggle a bit off. As you can see on the website, you can get floor standing LG setups for £50 more.
Bullet Proof SRi

2nd Mar 10 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any other advice
oceansoul

2nd Mar 10 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH ive never really found that great a sound from an all in one. Separates are where its at, but not at your budget
Balling
Premium Member

3rd Mar 10 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What HiFi suggests the Samsung HT-X30 or Philips HTS-6510 at your price level. Though the slightly more expensive LG HT902TB does get a better review.

New Poll