corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advertising stuff for collection only.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advertising stuff for collection only.
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
5th Mar 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it just me or does anyone else find when you advertise something as collection only some bright spark always seems to ask "does it include postage" or "can you post it"..

It does my fucking head in!
C2RL R

5th Mar 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it happens all the time. I refuse to sell stuff to people who are so dumb they can't read an advert correctly. People that stupid aren't qualified to own my possesions!
Ojc

User status: Online
5th Mar 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That drives me up the f-ing wall that does.
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Mar 10 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always advertise postage even if it is so woefully expensive that you would need to be crazy not to find one locally instead. A sale is a sale.

I also have a search set up on ebay to look for local collection and no post items near me as they normally end up cheaper.
DaveyLC

5th Mar 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont mind how much the postage costs but if I'm selling something for pittance just to clear some space and the price is based on the fact I dont have to walk to the post office.

For example I might be selling something for a fiver thats worth twice that but I just want it out the way and I'd rather take a fiver than put it down the tip.. But someone then asks me to post it.. Like I'm going to waste 10 minutes posting something to earn a bloody fiver! lol
Twiggy

5th Mar 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ask if they will be in for a courier...Its the same as me going to collect anyway

They may not be arsed to take to post office etc but most will wrap stuff in a beer create....

[Edited on 05-03-2010 by Twiggy]
Kevxx

5th Mar 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see the problem? I often message asking if they wrap it up for me, and i'd organise postage.

DaveyLC

5th Mar 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Again, I work 9-5 like most normal people and why should I faff about finding a box for a few measley quid?
Kevxx

5th Mar 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Again, I work 9-5 like most normal people and why should I faff about finding a box for a few measley quid?

the person is simply enquiring, prob not aware you work 9-5, and your sooo hectic.
DaveyLC

5th Mar 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The people who ask just piss me off a little bit. its the people who bid on ebay auctions that say "collection only" and I even put at the bottom "collection only means you come to me, and collect the item, I can't be in for a courier" etc. etc. and they STILL bid and they STILL email me afterwards asking about delivery..

FUCKING 'TARDS!
x14xe sport

5th Mar 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what if i send a courier?? thats still collected...
DaveyLC

5th Mar 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But most couriers wont come out weekends and evenings I've had it once before where a man sent out a man-in-a-van on a saturday, that I was happy with

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advertising stuff for collection only. 23 database queries in 0.1204810 seconds