corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ideas please (astra turbo)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ideas please (astra turbo)
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
9th Mar 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pull the turbo to intercooler pipe off and i'll bet its full of oil.

My old Cav turbo was the same.No smoke while driving,still boosted fine.Stop at traffic lights/junctions etc and it would belt out.Was fine on cold start up but once the oil was up to temp and a bit thinner thats when it would smoke.

[Edited on 09-03-2010 by Corsa_Sport21]
Twitch

10th Mar 10 at 01:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just finished rebuilding a C20let and Z20let and sounds to me like you could have a nice little combo going on. If its anything like the engines i've helped on then you might find that your turbo is fucked the pistons are gone and the oil stem sills too. only way to check is to take it apart but once you've done that it means rebuild and wedge. with teh turbo take it off. takes about 15min if that and you'll know straight away if its fucked as oil will be all inside it.

allza

10th Mar 10 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't just take one of the boost pipes off and check for oil. Sometimes they can leak oil and go sraight into the exhast through the exhast side of the turbo. Needs to go to somone who knows what they are doing. Also these 1 month warrantys are never any good especially without any documentation for what you are covered for.
John

10th Mar 10 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why you don't buy cars off ebay without even looking at them unless you know what you're doing.
Mike GSi

10th Mar 10 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100% Turbo failure! like everyone tried to tell you in your previous thread!

It wont be rings or stem seals on a ZLET with under 100K

ALso when you get the Turbo fixed expect some smoke as the intercooler and pipework will be full of oil. it will eventually clear out but try to get the worst of it cleared out.

If the problem isnt Turbo related i will chew off my right arm!

DEFO DEFO DEFO DEFO Turbo!

Fro

10th Mar 10 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree it sounds like the tubby. what were the Vaux approved garaged thinking when they said the smoke is from overfueling?? Most noobs know blue = oil etc
chloe16v

10th Mar 10 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took the pipe off the turbo, almost no oil at all, the engine is "breathing" alot when we took the oil filler cap off, my mechanic is saying it is defo piston rings and to get onto trading standards to let them sort it
Twitch

10th Mar 10 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you unbolted the turbo its self? When resent repairing an engine we did everything but the turbo as we couldnt find any oil but when everything was new and still smoking we had another look by taking the turbo off and there was oil all inside it
j10E W

10th Mar 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike GSi
100% Turbo failure! like everyone tried to tell you in your previous thread!

It wont be rings or stem seals on a ZLET with under 100K

ALso when you get the Turbo fixed expect some smoke as the intercooler and pipework will be full of oil. it will eventually clear out but try to get the worst of it cleared out.

If the problem isnt Turbo related i will chew off my right arm!

DEFO DEFO DEFO DEFO Turbo!

the valve stem seals went on my sri turbo T 80k mate so it could be that,
the way its been described is exactly the same as my one went on idle it would puff out plumes of smoke

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ideas please (astra turbo) 23 database queries in 0.0110178 seconds