corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » few questions about rattle can painting?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author few questions about rattle can painting?
Bobber123

User status: Offline
17th Mar 10 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, today i spent all day sanding the paint off a rear arch on my mk4 and getting it as close to the original shape as possible (previous owner hit something and flattend it a bit)
anyway, i have got the arch as close as im going to get it with hammers and filler, but the problem im facing is - i masked it off and primed/painted it but, once i remove the tape, there is that line where you can see the primer underneith, i still need to lacquer it but whats the best way to blend it into the rear quarter without having to cover a huge area?
i have kept it as close to the seem that runs round the arch so it shouldnt be too hard.
any tips as im no painter
will i be ok using some fine wet&dry on the original paint then polishing it back up after lacquer?
jay-corsa-gsi
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

17th Mar 10 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some 2000 paper mate and flat it then wipe with panal wipe and then prime again i some times have this problem in work mate this is very effective i must say when u laquer it flat and then buff wid g6 that will get mirror shine
Bobber123

17th Mar 10 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet, the car has some swirl marks on the bonnet too so i need to purchase some proper polish, i think i have some 1800 grit paper lying around somewhere. tomorrow should be a productive day if the weather is as good as today.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » few questions about rattle can painting? 23 database queries in 0.3242919 seconds