corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Me vs Vaux Stealership do I stand a chance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Me vs Vaux Stealership do I stand a chance
Stu_22

User status: Offline
18th Mar 10 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having problems with my Astra Z18XE replaced most sensors and ECU and replace loom from a corsa Sri. After all this it still has a missfire once over 3k revs

So gave up and took it to vaux but told them everything I had done except for forgot to tell them I had put a Z18XE loom from a corsa on it.

So vauxhall came back and said it got the wrong loom on it and it that £96 please +£250 for the loom.
I explained I put the loom on and the only diference between the Corsa and Astra is two wires for the variable inlet on the Astra but not on the corsa and that I doubt it will fix it.

I took my car back without them knowing( they said that was breaking the law stealing my own car lol)
Fitted brand new loom and the misssfire is still there

I refuse to pay £100 and be no where nearer to fixing my car. The stealership says it wll take legal action will I have to pay?
fir3vip3r

18th Mar 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu_22
Having problems with my Astra Z18XE replaced most sensors and ECU and replace loom from a corsa Sri. After all this it still has a missfire once over 3k revs

So gave up and took it to vaux but told them everything I had done except for forgot to tell them I had put a Z18XE loom from a corsa on it.

So vauxhall came back and said it got the wrong loom on it and it that £96 please +£250 for the loom.
I explained I put the loom on and the only diference between the Corsa and Astra is two wires for the variable inlet on the Astra but not on the corsa and that I doubt it will fix it.

I took my car back without them knowing( they said that was breaking the law stealing my own car lol)
Fitted brand new loom and the misssfire is still there

I refuse to pay £100 and be no where nearer to fixing my car. The stealership says it wll take legal action will I have to pay?

theyve done work on your car, you pay up! yes you can be in trouble if they pursue it!
Adam_B

18th Mar 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was the £96 for them looking at it?
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 10 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've authorised the work you've entered in to a contract to pay for it.

They can't charge you for the loom if they've not fitted it or if you didn't authorise for it to be fitted but I would imagine you have consented to some labour for the inspection.

The issue of whether your car is fixed is not the question, that isn't what you're paying for.
Tom B

18th Mar 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd pay for the labour cost before it ends up costing you more when it goes to court!
Stu_22

18th Mar 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but I asked them to investigate the cause of the missfire. Not point out faults with the car. The loom was clearly not a cause
Stu_22

18th Mar 10 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh well I have an a local guy with tech 2 coming to have a look on monday one of the new vaux parts must be at fault
Adam_B

18th Mar 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you didnt tell them that you had already swapped the loom and it made no difference. You owe them £96 for spending time looking at your car, I'd pay it before it gets nasty and more expensive.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 10 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You appointed them to give you professional opinion on the fault, hence you've been billed for that job.

The fact they blamed something that isn't the problem does not preclude your obligations to pay. If they get it wrong, that's because they're not very good at diagnosis, not because they work for free.
GTM

18th Mar 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have got to pay the £96, they have provided a service that you agreed to pay for. Your under no obligation to buy the new part but you must pay. Id go back with £96 in my hand and say sorry.

[Edited on 18-03-2010 by GTM]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Me vs Vaux Stealership do I stand a chance 23 database queries in 0.0096340 seconds