corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » job interview via phone

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author job interview via phone
Root

User status: Offline
26th Mar 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moka
114miles mate surely thats not worth it. I understand what your trying to say about you just want a job but i work 34 miles away and its taking £58 off my wages a week. Thats about a 1/4!

I'd rather earn £800 a month, spend £400 on fuel and car parts, than be on the dole and get £200 a month.
Root

26th Mar 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had the call, it went well, only problem being that they asked me:

"can you think of a time when you have had to influence a customer's way of thinking?"

and, I just froze up, I was thinking of things in my head but because it's been a while since I was in work, I couldn't give an answer.

Apart from that, the rest of the interview went well...just have to see what happens
Root

26th Mar 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think that even though i cocked up that question to be honest. overall, it went well.

I think if I get the job it will be good...I'll be on a little more money than now.

But if I don't get the job it will also be good, I won't have to travel so far and can try to find a job closer to home.

Either way, I'm not fussed, the phone call went well and I may be invited to a face-to-face interview with them in the future. We'll have to see what happens..

cheers for all the tips and stuff guys! btw, she didn't ask half the things I had answers ready for! lol
Cavey

26th Mar 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like you said, if you get the job, fair enough, do it for a few weeks while you find something closer to home, or until you get bored of the constant commuting.

If you don't get the job, you've had a telephone interview, and got some more experience of the process that a lot of people seem to be doing nowadays.

My mate has been looking for a work for a few months now, and he seems to get telephone interviews all the time, I'd imagine it's because of the weight of applications they get for every job now, saves hauling loads of people in, and you can cut out the chavs and retards over the phone
Root

26th Mar 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer, definitely, it's experience. Next time I will be prepared for a few more questions.

I've been unemployed almost 2 months now, been actively looking every single day, checking all job websites and applying for all the ones I'm competent to do, this is the first any kind of interview I've gotten, that's why I'm willing to travel, it seems jobs are few and far between right now.

Overall, I'm happy if I get it or not

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » job interview via phone 23 database queries in 0.2431099 seconds