corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scaremongering

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scaremongering
John

User status: Offline
27th Mar 10 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just phoned up to activate a debit card, spent most of the phonecall listening to how all my money can be stolen and my grandkids raped by a fraudster sitting in his house.

All of my information is on the internet and from there Mr Fraudster can bankrupt me.

Con merchants, that probably works on the majority of people who will then take out the payment protection.
Jambo

27th Mar 10 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. I got a phonecall from Natwest the other evening around 8pm to try and sell me payment protection insurance. I said no, as i declined to take it out originaly at point of opening my credit card account and politely refused.

He wouldn't take no for an answer. I hate pushy sales people.

Bad enough ringing at 8pm! Let alone being pushy. Some people probably get bullied into taking it
Bonney

27th Mar 10 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best bit of advice I have is to just plainly say to them "Sorry, I don't speak English", Wait for a response then hang up. Done it a few times and it works a treat
Steve
Premium Member

27th Mar 10 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same with me mate, got the sales spiel for the usual payment protection, now thats not enough and they are trying to also sell id theft stuff now
Steve
Premium Member

27th Mar 10 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a con anyway because if someone successfully manages to open stuff with your bank and its not you the bank is liable anyway, its there security, if its so easy to use stolen id's to steal money then they should look at there security, not charge you for the privellage of looking after there weaknesses
John

27th Mar 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what it was, id theft rubbish, first time I've had that on a debit card, I expect it from credit card companies.

I was also about to start with the it shouldn't be so easy to con the banks route but I just wanted her off the phone.
Jambo

27th Mar 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah Steve sounds like something some italian guys from NY would be selling
Carl

27th Mar 10 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's as bad as when you leave somewhere and they start phoning you up 2 get you back. Energy companies for instance. Had a right heated convo with some women from eon,she was persistent but by the end she was stuttering,she still struggled 2 give in and end the call.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scaremongering 23 database queries in 0.0128851 seconds