corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Panasonic Lumix LX3

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Panasonic Lumix LX3
jezza

User status: Offline
28th Mar 10 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahoy snappers, I'm going to New York in June and want a decent camera to take with me. My girlfriend will be taking her big old Canon 400D but I also want to take something smaller for myself along. I'd quite like to get into photography as a hobby so originally started looking at bridge cameras, in particular the Sony HX1. However it doesn't have RAW support, and if I get more serious I'd definitely want this. So then I re-evaluated what I need, and decided a high end compact would be a better choice over a bridge camera. I stumbled upon the LX3, and well, it looks cracking to me. Reviews seem generally good on it, but have any of you lot ever used one? If so, can you recommend it to me?

Ta
Gaz

28th Mar 10 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't really know about that camera but if your budget can stretch why not look for a canon g9, g10 or even the new g11... Cracking copacts with proper controls
jezza

28th Mar 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate, unfortunately it's not my budget, as my parents may get me it for my birthday, and I'll just chip a bit in. I hope. But yeah, £300 is about the max I'm looking at combined, and as many good things I've heard about the G series, it's abit out of the price range.

Butler

29th Mar 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LX3 is a brilliant camera. Fantastic quality.
JohnnyR

29th Mar 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely recommend one, I have one. I used to own an SLR and wasn't getting the use out of it I'd have liked so I decided to opt for the LX3.

I take it most places with me! Great compromise between a point and shoot and an SLR.

Check out some of the photos here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/843626@N22/pool/
jezza

3rd Apr 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a lucky lad, my folks gave me a shiny new LX3 today! So Butler and JohnnyR - I now need to protect my new toy, what cases have you got on yours? Can't afford the official Panny case!
Butler

3rd Apr 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lowepro D-pod cases are pretty decent. If youre on a budget, Jessops do basic cases for under a tenner which are pretty protective.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Panasonic Lumix LX3 24 database queries in 0.0090749 seconds