corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fergie: No big summer spend

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fergie: No big summer spend
Terry12

User status: Offline
9th Apr 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
U-N-I-T-E-D THAT SPELLS LOTS OF DEBT TO ME,
WITH A NICK NACK PADDY WACK GIVE A RAG A BONE,
GET A OCEAN FINANCE LOAN....

And Liverpool are rolling in money are they
Cosmo

9th Apr 10 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sitting in a less deep pile of shite than you lot tbh.
mwg

9th Apr 10 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Europa League FTW
Cosmo

9th Apr 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Europa League FTW

CL FTW....ah wait you're not in that anymore.
mwg

9th Apr 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We will be in it again next season though
Cosmo

9th Apr 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
We will be in it again but not winning it next season though

mwg

9th Apr 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We could win it, we could not. At least we'll get a crack at trying to win it! Along with Chelsea and Arsenal and either Man City or Tottenham.
Cosmo

9th Apr 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll give you an A for effort.
Terry12

9th Apr 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

You're in the same boat as us either way you look at it.
Cosmo

9th Apr 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really, our debt:value and even debt:revenue ratio is a hell of a lot better than yours. Our debt is also with banks, thus has a million and one conditions on what it can and can't be used for - where as yours are now through bonds and allows the Glazers to drain the club of money!
Marc

9th Apr 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
CL FTW....ah wait you're not in that anymore.

Yeah, neither are you. Even with Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano and Reina you're only good enough for the UEFA Cup.
Limecat
Banned

9th Apr 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I would strongly dispute that.

OK, yes the Glazers are making money from the club, they are businessmen afterall but they have been in charge for at least 4, maybe 5 years. Has the clubs success been affected by it? No. Infact, you could strongly argue that it is their most successful period - 3 titles on the trot, 2 consecutive CL finals (including 1 victory), 2 or 3 league cups, 2 chairty shields etc.

A good mate of mine at work who is a season ticket holder at Old Trafford always gets angry at the fact that more people sing anti-glazer songs than sing for the team. Their control certainly doesn't seem to be having a negative impact on antics on the pitch.

Then look at Liverpool - what have they won with Gillett and Hicks in charge? FUCK ALL. The manager has to beg for scraps from the coffers via the press.

One set of businessmen are making money and maintaining, if not advancing the brand, another set is just making money and sapping the blood from the club. Which one do you think is which Cosmo?
Cosmo

10th Apr 10 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
One set of businessmen are making money and maintaining, if not advancing the brand, another set is just making money and sapping the blood from the club. Which one do you think is which Cosmo?

TBH, neither of those examples is what our two have done!

Ours have made zero from the club, in fact, due to RBS flat out refusing to give them more than a year or so financing at a time they are having to fork out a load of money out of their own pocket in arrangement fees and interest charges.

And to give them some credit, they have brought in two good people in Purslow and Ayres who have advanced the commercial side of our club a huge amount (loads of new, massively improved sponsorship deals is one example) - so the club as a whole has certainly advanced, and at worst (on average over their time here) maintained the level on the pitch.

Anyway, what you point out is a very short term and blinkered view on things. The Glazers may well have owned the club during a time of huge success, but if the drive the club in to the ground then that success will mean nothing at all. Much the same for us if we got in deeper shit.

Its kind of the Leeds way of looking at things - their fans were loving it when they were spending and having a fair amount of success on the pitch, but looking back now I doubt one fan would take those 4 or 5yrs now over what has gone on since!
Marc

10th Apr 10 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BUT

On the pitch you are doing considerably worse than before they arrived on the scene. 2005, 2006 being prime eaxmples of Liverpool doing well/progressing.

Semi Final of the Europa League, Johnstones Paint fucking Euro Cup, whatever you want to dress it up. A team like Liverpool is underachieving/struggling when you aren't up there with United, Chelsea and Arsenal in the League and CL. You have also been shite in the FA and League Cups recently.
Cosmo

10th Apr 10 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
BUT

On the pitch you are doing considerably worse than before they arrived on the scene. 2005, 2006 being prime eaxmples of Liverpool doing well/progressing.

Semi Final of the Europa League, Johnstones Paint fucking Euro Cup, whatever you want to dress it up. A team like Liverpool is underachieving/struggling when you aren't up there with United, Chelsea and Arsenal in the League and CL. You have also been shite in the FA and League Cups recently.

Yeah granted we won the CL in 2005, but what had we done in the years before that? Since they have come in we have (this year aside) progressed in the PL each season. And we have constantly (again this season aside) got to the latter stages of the CL (final, semi final, quarter final).

But yeah, we havent exactly won anything under them so not going to attempt to argue they have progressed us as they should of on the pitch.
Terry12

10th Apr 10 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regardless of who has more debt we seem to still have more spending power than the bin dippers.
Like Wayne said the Glazers haven't hindered us on the pitch but you could argue Gillet and Hicks have Stopped you lot progressing.
Cosmo

12th Apr 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Terry12
Regardless of who has more debt we seem to still have more spending power than the bin dippers.
Like Wayne said the Glazers haven't hindered us on the pitch but you could argue Gillet and Hicks have Stopped you lot progressing.

How is it 'regardless of who has more debt'?

The fact you have spent more than us is the reason you have more debt, rather than our owners cutting spending to pay down the debt - which yours could of done.

Obviously it could turn out fine for you lot, and shit for us, or the other way round, but time will tell as your level of debt is not manageable with the spending you have been doing.
Terry12

12th Apr 10 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day i'm a football fan not a business fan. Whilst on the field the debt isn't really affecting us I can't complain too much.
I don't want the Glazers in charge and the fact they have heaped a shit load of debt onto the club pisses me off, Whilst we keep winning i'm happy.
Limecat
Banned

12th Apr 10 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
At the end of the day i'm a football fan not a business fan. Whilst on the field the debt isn't really affecting us I can't complain too much.
I don't want the Glazers in charge and the fact they have heaped a shit load of debt onto the club pisses me off, Whilst we keep winning i'm happy.

Don't respond to Cosmo with reason and logic, you will confuse him.
Terry12

13th Apr 10 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:

Don't respond to Cosmo with reason and logic, you will confuse him.

My bad, I forgot who I was talking to

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fergie: No big summer spend 24 database queries in 0.0157311 seconds