corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Formula 1 - China

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Formula 1 - China
Whittie

User status: Offline
18th Apr 10 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it was one of the most terrible races i've ever seen! Why was everybody so indecisive about the tyres!

Fair play to the brits though
Cavey

18th Apr 10 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kept it exciting at least though! I enjoyed watching it
Whittie

18th Apr 10 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very slippy out there!
Ben G

18th Apr 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

terrible? you must have been watching a replay of the bahrain gp

brilliant racing and some crazy moves from hamilton in the pit lane and button and the end of the long straight near enough stopping

i loved it.

[Edited on 18-04-2010 by Ben G]
Rob_Quads

18th Apr 10 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets just pray the rain keeps on coming as IMO when there is no rain F1 is a fairly boring sport.
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Apr 10 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although the rain helps, the main entertainment factor this year has come from Hamiltons poor qualifying and excellent racing.

Bring on reverse grid positions next year combined with point gain from qualifying and F1 will be awesome.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Whittie

18th Apr 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just didn't find it that exciting this week Ben, too much pissing about in the pits and not enough coverage on the passes!

Schumacher... Bet he regrets coming back into the sport now, he's been showed up by 3 drivers this morning, bullied him and passed.
Rob E

18th Apr 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the racing was brilliant today, I wouldnt exactly say there was too much pissing about in the pits, it was mainly due to tyre gambles with the weather which always adds a bit of excitement Really pleased for Button after all the criticism he was given for becoming number two to Hamilton saying he will be left in the shadows. He has proved them all wrong so far and thats coming from a Hamilton fan. Button's style of driving suits the new regulations far better IMO. Dont get me wrong, Hamilton is deffinately a superb driver but until he learns to manage his tyres better I think Button is going to lead the way for McLaren
whitter45

19th Apr 10 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the way vetttel handed hamitlon his arse down the pit lane. Loved how he just moved him over towards the air guns haha

Seems as though hamilton gets away with muder - he neraly went the wrong way down the tarck to get to the pit lane

As well as the pitlane battle etc

Just overrated IMO
Ben G

19th Apr 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can you ay he's overrated?

qualified 20th or so last time and finished 6th

qualified 6th this time, went down to 14th iirc, ended up 2nd after 4 pit stops. button only did 2 and only finished a second or 2 in front.

he's a very aggressive driver, which is good entertainment to me.

[Edited on 19-04-2010 by Ben G]
Nath

19th Apr 10 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People love to hate Hamilton Ben. Thats all it is. I dont like the guy, but he can sure as hell drive!
Cosmo

19th Apr 10 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont like him personally, but I wouldnt say he is over rated. Is a very skilled driver who just needs to learn when to go mental as he does and when to keep his head - he seems to be doing the latter a bit too much lately though.
AndyKent

19th Apr 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I'm not mistaken, Button didn't actually overtake anyone the entire race did he? He might have won, but Hamilton and Alsonso were the drivers of the day for me. Winning is one thing, being exciting to watch is another.
Ben G

19th Apr 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's because he's black. racist bastards.
Cosmo

19th Apr 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH, he didnt need to overtake anyone and pulled out a massive lead from the front (only to have it taken away via a safety car) - he had a great drive in conditions that seemed to change constantly and also had the balls to stick it out when everyone else was running in for inters.
AndyKent

19th Apr 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't knocking him, just saying that I didn't find his drive exciting.

Fair play to him on the tyres, but if it had carried on raining he'd have been screwed. Still, the right choice paid off.
Tommy L

19th Apr 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
qualified 6th this time, went down to 14th iirc, ended up 2nd after 4 pit stops. button only did 2 and only finished a second or 2 in front.

Safety car was the reason for that though and coming off towards the end. He was that far ahead before the safety car he had time to pit and still get out a fair bit ahead.
RichR
Premium Member

19th Apr 10 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still don't understand the need for the second safety car!
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Apr 10 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jenson has won two races with his head, he's not a particularly talented driver compared to the rest of the grid IMO, but he can make some excellent decisions.

Hamilton has relied on McLaren to make his decisions so far, and has let him down alot. He's a far better driver and has got an abundance of entertainment factor.

McLaren have always offered Lewis the opposite strategy than the one Button picks for himself - so they're covering both bases and increasing their odds. Button has been quicker, and cleverer on decisions so far.

I think Lewis will still outperform Button this season on points - but together they're an awesome team, and McLaren would be stupid to throw away at least the constructors title this year.

Looking forward to when McLaren can get their act together on a Saturday though - and see what happens when the two brits lock-out the front row, instead of spoonfeeding RedBull poles all the time

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Formula 1 - China 25 database queries in 0.0157990 seconds