corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People hoping to Fly tomorrow/friday...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People hoping to Fly tomorrow/friday...
AlexSXI

User status: Offline
21st Apr 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is it my Facebook is rammed full of people who have changed their status's to 'Can't wait to get away on friday' + 'going to lanzarote on saturday' etc.

Fucking annoying me, nobody believes this volcano shit is going to effect them and they dismiss that they wont fly.

My Mum + Step-Dad have been stuck in Tunisia for ages and can't get a flight back yet
My Dad, Step-Mum + Sisters have been stuck in Florida since saturday and also can't get a flight yet due to backlog etc yet these dozey fuckers think they'll be able to fly tomorrow.

That is all
Cosmo

21st Apr 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because airports around the UK more or less fully opened at 10pm last night and most airlines are reporting being back to 75-80% normality.
RichR
Premium Member

21st Apr 10 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fairness, the airlines have mostly said that they'll honour the people already booked on the flights as and when they leave BEFORE arranging for those whose flights have been cancelled

[Edited on 21-04-2010 by LiVe LeE]
Cavey

21st Apr 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we were meant to be going cuba last friday. Had an opportunity to fly this friday instead, but with all thats happened we decided it wouldnt be worth the hassle or the risk of it getting cancelled again, and this week will be hell at airports with everything being screwed up
adiohead

21st Apr 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like they all went away without you
AlexSXI

21st Apr 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It just seems so unfair. They've been sat in airports since friday + saturday last week yet they can't get a flight home.

Yet, people who have been all comfy at home during this whole crisis get to go away straight away.

The government should be getting all the stranded Brits home before letting others go on holiday
adiohead

21st Apr 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

planes have to fly "to and from". may as well take some more tourists with them
AlexSXI

21st Apr 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
sounds like they all went away without you

They did, i'm too old to go away with them now. I don't really miss them, i'm just angry for them as i can't imagine being stuck in a hot stuffy airport for 5days now, with no clean clothes etc.
RichR
Premium Member

21st Apr 10 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the same time, why should the people who are booked onto flights already be penalised for travelling a week later. not really their fault is it.

TBH, they should just put on new or more flights to cope with the back log, but you can't stop the people who already had holidays and flights booked from going on them - you'd be pissed off if you'd paid for it and then got bumped off for someone who'd missed an earlier flight

[Edited on 21-04-2010 by LiVe LeE]
Colin

21st Apr 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexSXI

My Dad, Step-Mum + Sisters have been stuck in Florida since saturday and also can't get a flight yet.

Fucking hell it must be terrible getting 'stuck' in Florida!! I really dont think i'd be able to cope!!
AlexSXI

21st Apr 10 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No beds, no clean clothes, no spending money left. Wherever you are in the world i'd consider it pretty hell-ish! Just spoke to them, flight booked for 2pm saturday!
SteveW

21st Apr 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexSXI
No beds, no clean clothes, no spending money left. Wherever you are in the world i'd consider it pretty hell-ish! Just spoke to them, flight booked for 2pm saturday!

probably a bit late but check this out
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201004/1881/

if they are in Orlando then they can present their flight tickets at any Disney / Seaworld / Busch Gardens theme park and get in for free !!

how cool
SteveW

21st Apr 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually best link for free offers in Florida is

http://www.orlandoinfo.com/offers/european_traveler.cfm

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People hoping to Fly tomorrow/friday... 23 database queries in 0.0170269 seconds