corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Curbrough Sprint track today...*pics*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Curbrough Sprint track today...*pics*
Rob B

User status: Offline
29th Apr 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys,

I went to Curbrough today with a few mates and aloud of fords. And was quite suprised, the car was awesome and the handling was so neutral, and running on 3mm tread depth Contis i managed to a 36.9 second lap (Stop watch so could be out .5 or so) Even so, if i was to compete and run the 2000CC and under road modified class i was only 0.7 seconds off the lap record so pretty chuffed and may consider entering!

Just changed the tyres over to Bridgestone Potenza RE050a's and have cronic wheel shake, but i've had a look at the wheels to find the tyre place used bang on weights so went back to ask and was told this is all they had.... Sourced my own sticky weights so will be back there tomorrow ready for Mallory, Also changed discs and pads all round since Combe as i killed them too.

(Was dry earlier on)

chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Apr 10 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Three track days in two weeks, not a bad schedule!
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you think of the sprint track and the day?

Tempted to do one

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Rob B

29th Apr 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a good layout, about 50 pounds for the whole day if 20 go for example.

Although your not ment to time everyone does, but it's good cause it's not harsh on the car as each sprint is around 40 secs but there is still the sensation of hitting apex's and going fast
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon weekend racer could get 20 together without a problem.

One at a time makes it nice and social too

Rob B

29th Apr 10 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, you have to get someone who's MSA registered to run it though!
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah, how did you end up on this one then? Through a club

Liam

29th Apr 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mention about the MSA registered, a mate of mine has booked it twice now, and i'm pretty sure he isn't MSA Registered?

Anyway, it's a great little track, hoping to get out there if he books it again, but in a car with better tyres this time, so I can drive properly.
Rob B

29th Apr 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Through my mates club RS2000 owners or something, i don't think it's hard to be MSA registered, only 40 quid a year or something so maybe Ian and co can look into it.
Rob B

29th Apr 10 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
You mention about the MSA registered, a mate of mine has booked it twice now, and i'm pretty sure he isn't MSA Registered?

Anyway, it's a great little track, hoping to get out there if he books it again, but in a car with better tyres this time, so I can drive properly.

You can get one of the comitee i believe to come down if no participants are registered, but obviously that costs more.
big eck

29th Apr 10 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those enkies fill the arches spot on mate. Looks superb with them fitted.
Fad

29th Apr 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love this car
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
quote:

You can get one of the comitee i believe to come down if no participants are registered, but obviously that costs more.

ah so its still do-able then

Will have to discuss it maybe on saturday

Rob B

29th Apr 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Those enkies fill the arches spot on mate. Looks superb with them fitted.

, currently fabricating some steering arms so i can get more camber on the front as only have -1.5 had to mod the archs a fair bit to get them to fit!
Liam

29th Apr 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Again, we had no-one come down, the track owner just said that someone may pop down throughout the day, as they check on it occasionally to make sure no-one is using it who shouldn't I think. Although he booked it about 12 months ago, so things may have change
Rob B

29th Apr 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Again, we had no-one come down, the track owner just said that someone may pop down throughout the day, as they check on it occasionally to make sure no-one is using it who shouldn't I think. Although he booked it about 12 months ago, so things may have change

I think your missing something mate, think about it logically, local chav club book Curbrough, all 17/18 all immature as you like, there not going to allow them to have a track of any sort to them selves with no organisation or structure to the running of it..
Liam

29th Apr 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see what you're saying, but there was no MSA member present when he booked it, but like I say, the rules may have changed.

My mate was basically told to make sure everyone adhered to the rules i.e 1 car on track at a time, no timing, and to make sure it was left in a clean state.

Or am I still missing something, cause if so, then i'll leave it at that, instead of making more of a fool of myself

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Curbrough Sprint track today...*pics* 24 database queries in 0.1136930 seconds