corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lampard or Gerrard?

Poll: Lampard or Gerrard?
  Lampard
  Gerrard

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lampard or Gerrard?
Nath

User status: Offline
5th May 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And of those 196 goals, 194 are pens or deflections.
Limecat
Banned

5th May 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the goals he brings to a team I would choose Lampard all day long.

For the fact he will bring the girls from class 11C to the Christmas do and they will take it without a nodder I would pick Gerrard.
Nath

5th May 10 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Afternoon
Limecat
Banned

5th May 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Afternoon Nath!
Dr Pepper

5th May 10 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many of you have actually seen Gerrard or Lampard play live?

Lampard is the better player... hasnt had the bad spells that Gerrard has gone through. Lampards record speaks for itself - he is one of the greatest players the premiership has ever seen.

Gerrard is inspirational for liverpool, but he is not as disciplined as lampard, he doesnt score as many goals, his short passing and control is not in the same league as Lampard.

I wouldnt say there is much between them in delivery from freekicks but gerrard definately has the better long shot and long pass.

I do think Gerrard is over rated - hes a great player for liverpool and can turn a game but for me Lampard is different class. People see Gerrard score 3 or 4 amazing goals a season and think hes the best player in the world- doesnt work like that - he has more bad games than lampard does.

I also think Lapard is much more tactically aware than Gerrard - he understands the game in the middle of the park better, holds the ball when he needs to, doesnt waste possesion as much and keeps his side moving in the right direction. Gerrard often tries to do it all himself, its all blood and thunder with gerrard which is great to watch but isnt always what is actually needed in big games. Sometimes you just want a central midfielder to sit, pass the ball simple, hold on to it when needed and not make any mistakes- dont think that is in gerrards nature and that probably why Ericson, Capello and McClaran have made Lampard first choice then tried to fit gerrard in somewhere else.

For me Gerrard wouldnt be in my starting england 11 this summer...... His form and attitude are shocking (cant blame him- his manager is a chump) what a player to have as a sub as well. I would say he is the best sub in the world- you could bring him on in any position on the pitch and he would be more than capable.

[Edited on 05-05-2010 by Dr Pepper]

Tom

5th May 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've literally heard it all now

jonnysri

5th May 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if were talking hypothetically, with both players being 100% fit after a good season,

lampard scores alot of goals from midfield, and is arguably chelsea's best player.

but if gerrard is on form and can play in CM for england id have stevie g.

i just think he makes more of an effort to get round the pitch, he still has the ability to get past players and score set pieces

but as far as this season, lampard WILL lift the premierleague trophy this weekend and has the best preparation for the world cup after an awesome season

[Edited on 05-05-2010 by jonnysri]
Nath

5th May 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer it when Dr Pepper talks about England.
saj_123

5th May 10 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone agrees that Gerrard has been poor this season although Gerrard looks lost without Torres, but Lampard can play without Drogba.
Carl

6th May 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by saj_123
Everyone agrees that Gerrard has been poor this season although Gerrard looks lost without Torres, but Lampard can play without Drogba.
as said previous,a lot to do with the other team members. Chelsea have more than 2 good players. Put lampard with a set of downies and he'd have a shit season and he wouldn't score anywhere near the amount of goals.
JonnyJ

6th May 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

I want him to start talking about Oxford more so we can have some proper banter about the final.
Nath

6th May 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll have to wait til they win (if they win) for him to do that me thinks.
JonnyJ

6th May 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good call Nath
Danny P

6th May 10 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

I've seen both on more than one occassion. Every time Gerrard has been the better player.
p

6th May 10 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Lampard is the better player... hasnt had the bad spells that Gerrard has gone through. Lampards record speaks for itself - he is one of the greatest players the premiership has ever seen.

Gerrard is inspirational for liverpool, but he is not as disciplined as lampard, he doesnt score as many goals, his short passing and control is not in the same league as Lampard.

I wouldnt say there is much between them in delivery from freekicks but gerrard definately has the better long shot and long pass.

I do think Gerrard is over rated - hes a great player for liverpool and can turn a game but for me Lampard is different class. People see Gerrard score 3 or 4 amazing goals a season and think hes the best player in the world- doesnt work like that - he has more bad games than lampard does.

I also think Lapard is much more tactically aware than Gerrard - he understands the game in the middle of the park better, holds the ball when he needs to, doesnt waste possesion as much and keeps his side moving in the right direction. Gerrard often tries to do it all himself, its all blood and thunder with gerrard which is great to watch but isnt always what is actually needed in big games. Sometimes you just want a central midfielder to sit, pass the ball simple, hold on to it when needed and not make any mistakes- dont think that is in gerrards nature and that probably why Ericson, Capello and McClaran have made Lampard first choice then tried to fit gerrard in somewhere else.

For me Gerrard wouldnt be in my starting england 11 this summer...... His form and attitude are shocking (cant blame him- his manager is a chump) what a player to have as a sub as well. I would say he is the best sub in the world- you could bring him on in any position on the pitch and he would be more than capable.

Eck
Premium Member

6th May 10 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These days I tend to think the opposite of what Dick Raper and Dr Pepper say.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th May 10 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

barry ferguson
Nath

6th May 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
barry ferguson

LOL
Limecat
Banned

6th May 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
as said previous,a lot to do with the other team members. Chelsea have more than 2 good players. Put lampard with a set of downies and he'd have a shit season and he wouldn't score anywhere near the amount of goals.

That must make Darren Bent one of the best strikers in the World on that logic then?

Limecat
Banned

9th May 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice to see Lampard jumping about with one hand on the trophy, Gerrard can't even place a finger on it.
Carl

11th May 10 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:

That must make Darren Bent one of the best strikers in the World on that logic then?

no, that would be idiotic to think that there was one sole factor in it all, obviously there is the fact that lampard is fatter so is easier to spot for his teammates to cut it back to him in the box. Pound for pound gerrard wins easy.
Whittie

11th May 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
A Massive load of bollocks...

That was an amusing read.
Tommy

11th May 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last season i would have said Gerrard coz i still had faith in him, now i have lost all faith in him so would chose Lampard all day now
Dr Pepper

11th May 10 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

I want him to start talking about Oxford more so we can have some proper banter about the final.

What do you want me to say ... we are a club that should be in the football league - im not sure you are. Thats reflected in our ticket sales for wembley - so far we have sold 32000 you have sold 6500 ..... that is quite frankly embarrasing.

We have a better manager than you, better players and a better set up - we also play pretty decent football whereas the 4 times i have seen york in recent years you have looked like a kick and rush team. Im very happy you robbed luton in the semi as I think they would have beaten us...although at least oxford v luton would have been a sell out at wembley.

Your 'fans' were a disgrace the last time they came to oxford - hope they behave at wembley for your sake.

Having said all that I have no confidence in us beating you at the weekend...because we are oxford...and we always fuck it up when we have it in our own hands.

[Edited on 11-05-2010 by Dr Pepper]

[Edited on 11-05-2010 by Dr Pepper]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lampard or Gerrard? 24 database queries in 0.0162120 seconds