corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Seat Leon TDi's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Seat Leon TDi's
mantamark

User status: Offline
14th May 10 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As title, mainly looking at the 110 model.

They as reliable as vw counterparts? we have a bit of cash spare when we (if we) sell the flat, looking at getting something around 2002 ish, will have 3k ish to spend.

Anyone suggest anything else in that price range? looking for 5 door, economical & reliable.

Anything to look out for if we go to view? any common faults?

Cheers.
jase77

14th May 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a 2005 fr tdi. look for wet carpets they leak in every where. alarms play up and cant be switched off cost a fortune to fix. 50p plastic clip holds the clutch pedal up snaps after a while and is a pain of a job fix. eat clutch's if remapped. oh and wheel bearings lol and that was all with in 30k miles
John

14th May 10 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They leak in through a well known and easily sorted seal on the doors.

I had a toledo that my brother now has, mapped, it's fairly quick for what it is tbh, clutch is fine apart from specific situations, that was on it's way out before it was mapped though, had done over 60k.

Really good cars (if you get a good one, people buy shitters then decide they all must be like that) I'd have another.
jase77

14th May 10 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine wasnt a shitter mate it was new and i know loads of people with them and they all leak in through the door seals and the boot. go on the cupra forum and see the problems with them on there and they do eat standard clutch's when remapped. make sure cambelt and water pump as been done aswell because seat changed the service intervals because of failure.
antnee

15th May 10 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 110hp isn't the good TDi VAG engines people go on about, its the old, really noisey with a 5spd box engine.

Jase- I know loads of people with Leons and never heard of the alarm problem, I'm sure it could be turned off via VAGCOM anyway! Also clutches only go when remapped if you drive like a nob, slip the clutch lots or have a realllly aggressive map!
mantamark

15th May 10 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm, not great then!

Any other suggestions?

Shame as i like the look of them, interior looks canny aswell.
antnee

15th May 10 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 100, 115, 130 and 150 hp ones are the 'good' ones, just the 90 and 110that arent
jase77

15th May 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
The 110hp isn't the good TDi VAG engines people go on about, its the old, really noisey with a 5spd box engine.

Jase- I know loads of people with Leons and never heard of the alarm problem, I'm sure it could be turned off via VAGCOM anyway! Also clutches only go when remapped if you drive like a nob, slip the clutch lots or have a realllly aggressive map! [/quote

with the alarm it goes off when you start the engine and its some thing do with the door locks and seat say it cant be switched off and charge you for new locks . Im not saying they bad cars but when they go wrong its costly.
mantamark

15th May 10 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What year did they start using those engines?
John

15th May 10 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 110 isn't a pd but it's still a good engine, no more noisy than a pd either.
Gareth T

15th May 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would your budget not stretch for a golf mark?
mantamark

15th May 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3k will just get me something with a million miles on, prefer the look of the leon aswell tbh.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Seat Leon TDi's 23 database queries in 0.4228590 seconds