corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what would couse no spark atall?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what would couse no spark atall?
jamesy1990

User status: Offline
15th May 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took the engine out my x16xe for a rebuild .. completed the rebuild and re-fitted engine .. its timed right its cranking fine its getting fuel ... but no spark , all my earth are conected eg.. 2 earths on lower inlet 2 earths on altenator and main earth from -tve to bulkhead and i have checked them all with the multi meter there is a complete circuit through all of them , i have also tried 2 diffrent coil packs and there is 12.4 volts going to the coil pack , and i have also fitted new plugs and leads but still no spark! any help will be aprreciated
mike56gte

15th May 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you get the crank sensor sorted out cause am sure that will stop it sparking?
jamesy1990

15th May 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah crank sensor is sorted , but it was the old one off steves engine i fitted so unsure weather that is goosed or not , gona stick my old one on the now and see how i get on...... wana fire along help me out? could do with a extra set of hands to check for spark ect....

[Edited on 15-05-2010 by jamesy1990]
Limecat
Banned

15th May 10 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you say you are getting fuel, do you mean injectors are firing or you just have pressure at the rail?

Without a crank sensor signal you will get no spark and no injector pulse.

You can check for an injector pulse with an LED (note that they are 'handed' - they have +ive and -ive).
jamesy1990

16th May 10 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i disconected the fuel line at the rail and in pumping through fine , i removed the spark plugs and the seem to be wet and they smell like petrol so im presuming fuel is getting into the cylinders , its just not catching a spark... tried 2 crank sensors 2 coil packs yet nothing
--ToM--

16th May 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ecu
jamesy1990

16th May 10 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ecu has always been in the back of my mind , but it fired fine when i removed the engine 2 weeks ago

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what would couse no spark atall? 23 database queries in 0.3329082 seconds