corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » C20XE Corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE Corsa
McWillster

User status: Offline
15th May 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always been meaning to get a project thread up but never really had the time/ bothered to do one. Now its fast aproaching time for this thing to go on the road and not really keen on doing so until its in a reasonable state!

So todays events seen me paint a few things and before anyone says it yes it needs a bloody good clean

Well my run around car that i purchased for £45 ran out of MOT yesterday so it provided a few essentials for the 2 litre.

This is the car in question, looking a bit sorry for itself at the moment.

Was mortified when i came home from staying at my girlfriends house to find that my brothers fiance had doodley all over my car and engraned little scratches onto my bonnet! But she didn't really no any better so i let her off with it seen as i did find it quiet funny!

Swapped my boots over from my run around onto the 2 litre as the 2 litre one was a mess!

Original boot:

Donor Boot:

G-Max shocks and springs all round, will this be any good from those of you with expierience with XE corsa or will an upgrade be required?

Now for the tidying up process. Kind of regretting not putting the wheels on and taking it out for a wash before i started today but ahwell, didn't hinder me much!

Decided to give a few things a lick of paint to freshen them up a bit, stick one of my arch trims back on and decorate my coil!

Masked off:

And thats about it for tis now. Hope to get a little bit more done either tomorro or sometime during the week but times a bit few and far between so weel just leave it as a work in progress!

Comments would be much apprieciated!

[Edited on 20-05-2010 by McWillster]
Sean-B

15th May 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Monster can is the tits for the coil
McWillster

20th May 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of an update:

Couple of nights ago i started it up to find oil seeping out the sump gasket so ordered a new one off the bay.

Car had a wee!

Heres the gasket in question:

Fantastic to be able to work with a decent set of tools.

Lowered exhasut mani:

Off with the sump:

After removing the sump, noticed that some of the rubber seals for the sump bolts have came away. Will these need to be replaced or should it be ok?

Alright mate!

Thats as far as i've got this evening, need to get some sort of sealant for the gasket and can get that finished. Need to re-fit hubs aswell but not got round to releasing the brakes due to me being a fanny and pressing the brake pedal to check brake lights whilst drums were off

Cheers

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » C20XE Corsa 24 database queries in 0.0128410 seconds