corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Aidy Boothroyd/ Coventry Fans!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Aidy Boothroyd/ Coventry Fans!!!
AlexSXI

User status: Offline
19th May 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://xtra.skybet.com/betting-news/football-betting/championship-betting/aidy-boothroyd-backed-for-next-coventry-city-manager

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/2010/05/19/coventry-city-in-talks-with-colchester-united-s-aidy-boothroyd-92746-26477853/

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6162698,00.html

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aidy-Boothroyd-set-to-be-new-named-as-new-Coventry-boss-Exclusive-article431323.html

Yes Yes Yes!!! Take Him Please!!!!!!!!!

Great news, getting compensation for that badger would be awsome, he's fucking useless!!!

If anyone knows any Coventry fans start laughing at them now

Best News all summer if he goes
Tiesto

19th May 10 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know plenty

What are Coventry thinking
Nath

19th May 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The man is useless. Welcome to hoofball Coventry.
AlexSXI

19th May 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When we appointed him after Lambert left in September, we were top of the league or there abouts, and he was a big name for a small league 1 club so it was quite a coup.

We did well with Lamberts players and we were still 2nd or there abouts at Christmas.

Then in January he bought a few of his own players in,

And fuck me we've been fucking hopeless since, losing 7-0 to Preston in the FA Cup, 5-0 at home to Norwich and only won once, yes ONCE in our last 17 league games leaving us 8th at the end of the season. The fans are all disgruntled, from promotion candidates at Christmas to no-where by May.

Many were willing to give him another chance this summer, but i'm sure the chairman was more than happy to allow Coventry to talk to him when they called. Its basically made the decision for him. A bit like Benitez/Liverpool.

From it looking likely we'd sack him and have to pay him off, to being given money for him to leave, this could just be Heaven!!!! Can't wait for it to go through!!!

Hooooooofroyd!!!!!
Nath

19th May 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who would you like to replace him?
AlexSXI

19th May 10 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alot of the fans hope for another big/ish name, Paul Jewell, Steve Cotterill and others have been mentioned.

However Boothroyd is the 2nd big name to leave us in under a year after Paul Lambert. It seems the bigger names seem to just use us as a stepping stone.

The other arguement is to get a former player/legend in. Joey Dunne is our First Team Coach at the moment, and is arguably ready to step up with a good assistant. Another is former player, Paul Buckle, who has had management experience at Torquay and is a former U's legend.

I'd prefer a former player who might show a bit more loyalty, a management partnership of Joey Dunne + Mark Kinsella would be my choice!

We can only hope
AlexSXI

20th May 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Confirmed as Coventry Boss today then, So So glad to see the back of Hoofroyd. Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!! Football from now on!
Nath

20th May 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd actually kill myself if he ever took charge at Luton.
JonnyJ

20th May 10 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet he could get you out of it. Can't say i pay much attention to his style of football but it sounds very Westley-esque
Nath

20th May 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd get a neckache watching his rubbish.
AlexSXI

20th May 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having just watched 40odd U's games under him,

my brief description would be- Win Ball, Hoof Foward, Try + get a lucky break and nick a goal, Sit back, Concede in the 90th minute.

Honestly, it's fucking horrific.

You've just got to see the Cov 606 + Mboard's, the majority are rather gutted!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Aidy Boothroyd/ Coventry Fans!!! 24 database queries in 0.0105300 seconds