corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New Bike

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Bike
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
28th May 10 at 05:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since I can't ride it right now due to fucking the Regulator Rectifier, a brand new battery, and possible the alternator... Have some pictures of it instead...

Already ripped the awful yellow grips off and put a set of Renthal's on it, after having 'em on my R6 the bike feels naked without them and Pazzo's! Ordered those as well, and a tiny little plate...

Uhm, waiting for a decent exhaust to come up. I ideally want a Racefit Slashcut but they're £499.99 new.

I got the bike for £4,400 which was a bargain at 6,000 miles but of course now I've had issues with it the price has gone up a lot. A new Regulator Rectifier alone is £197 from Suzuki and I can't find one anywhere second hand... New battery is around £50 I guess, and a alternator is close to £500 apparently but hopefully that hasn't gone.

It already had the exact screen I was gunna get on it as well as the R&G tail tidy. The same guy who's selling me the Pazzo's has a full R&G set (forks, swing-arm, frame, crash bungs, etc) which are close to £250 new.

Compared to the R6, it's nicer to ride being 5 years newer (K7) but it just doesn't feel as lethal. I've ridden a lot of 600's and this just feels calm, if you want to clutch it up in 2nd you really need to tug on it and slip the clutch in high revs where as on the R6 it was literally up whenever I wanted, I didn't need to change seating position or anything... I think the weight is more over the front end than the R6 possibly and I really do think the standard can fucks shit up, it apparently weighs like 5 bags of sugar!

Anyway, bored and can't sleep so excuse my little essay.
Daimo B

28th May 10 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good little bikes, but far more refined than an R6. I think you had the previous shape R6 didn't you (with the proper exhaust )

GSXR's usually feel calm refined bikes, thats why so many people love them as they are so easy to ride.

Im jealous of easy front wheel lifting. Im just getting to that slightly more confident stage of getting the bandit wheel up, although feel its not really come up more than a foot so far.

I can't get slipping the clutch right either, dunno if its just 80bhp on a 220kg bike, or my riding.

Won't even attemt it on the other one yet
fresh_creps

28th May 10 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another immense bike,exactly what I want when I get my license this year
Winemaker

28th May 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gixxer FTW
SXIBLK

28th May 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really one for bikes but i really like that one
whitter45

28th May 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fresh_creps

is that not a bit extreme for your first bike
fresh_creps

28th May 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:

Probably lol,but its something I've always wanted for a long time and I don't wanna waste time/money getting an "inbetween" bike. That would be in an ideal world, although I would maybe consider a bandit to get accustomed to as I've heard they're easy bikes to ride and my mate loved his.

Been driving for almost 5 years and would consider myself a fairly vigilant and aware driver although riding is different. Obviously know that you have to be on your toes the whole time you ride and I'll definitely be respecting the bike and take it easy for a longgg time till I'm comfortable.

I think as long as I'm careful and respect the bike and the road and don't act like a tw@ it should be all good
Tom

28th May 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is a stunner, a lad I know's just got a K7 750 iirc didn't realise they were that nice!
jimmy 2.1

28th May 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome bikes. A proper licence looser! Rode a mates k5 750 and it has to be the easiest bike to ride fast without even trying. Perfect balance and the front end is invincble! Take an earth quake to get the front upset.
Mobby

28th May 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:

Not his first bike at all. you might see him referring to his R6. nice to see your back on two wheels again chap
Daimo B

28th May 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually Mobby, re-read it........

He's not quotesd Xos, he's quoted fresh creps.

In fact, you've quoted it youself

Failz
xa0s
Banned

28th May 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's a cool bike but yeah, it's refined... A good way to put it. It makes going fast easy but I kind of like the feeling of having to man handle the bike a bit more, lol
deanmcreynolds26

29th May 10 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love this shape of gsxr shame about the troubles you are having,

got a new batt there for my zx6r from a local motor factors, think it was about £30 pity it wasnt plug and play, almost rode down on the bike with a duff battery thinking i would drop the new one in and away i went, then found it i would need to fill with acid and charge for a bit!!
Scotty C

29th May 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MY GOD!! That is fucking mint I would love one, that, or the Ninja ZX-6R
Recaro1

29th May 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats very nice.

I'm looking for a bike myself. Just trying to work out if I want to spend a little bit more and buy a newer bike.

Was looking at an R6 2008 for £5.5k just round the corner from me. Or do I save a few grand and buy an older bike... Did see a 2009 model for £6k as the guy wants a quick sale that I keep thinking about

hmmm
deanmcreynolds26

29th May 10 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Recaro1
Thats very nice.

I'm looking for a bike myself. Just trying to work out if I want to spend a little bit more and buy a newer bike.

Was looking at an R6 2008 for £5.5k just round the corner from me. Or do I save a few grand and buy an older bike... Did see a 2009 model for £6k as the guy wants a quick sale that I keep thinking about

hmmm

save and buy, dont get finance....

or if you do make sure you are going to keep it for long enough and not get bored...
Bonney

29th May 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got finance getting mine, Only planning on keeping it for around 3 years so just got the finance for just under that.
Ellis

29th May 10 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know nothing about bikes but fuck me that looks nice
xa0s
Banned

30th May 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
I know nothing about bikes but fuck me that looks nice

Always loved your Corsa too mate.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New Bike 23 database queries in 0.2301040 seconds