corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Last minute holiday booking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Last minute holiday booking
Shell
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Jun 10 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is something I've never done and was wondering if anyone here had? In 3 weeks, Alex and I will officially be in the "last minute" category of 6 weeks before you leave for holiday. Is it worth it to wait or is the choice of holidays likely to depleat massively?
Nath

8th Jun 10 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could go either way. In the summer there are more holidays so more chance of a cancellation. But then there's also more chance of others doing what you're doing, and also less of a bargain than at other times of the year.
Mase
Premium Member

8th Jun 10 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and the mrs are looking now, we started having a look around ages ago, but never decided on a place to go. Still not booked and we're wanting to fly on the 20th June!

Think we may book one tonight though, but as far as we're concerned, the 'offer' price rooms are a bit thin on the ground now leaving it this late and prices don't seem that low considering we're so close to wanting to go, so not sure if it really does pay to leave it till this late....

Mase
mantamark

8th Jun 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been looking about, considering doing similar, booking time off work, packing bags, then booking something like 2 days before.

Saw one for the weekend just gone, was up on thursday, 92quid per person, 4 star apartment in turkey self catering, 7 nights.

Pretty good deal i thought, but knowing me, i'd end up with a week in bognor or something.
Colin

8th Jun 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My parents have been booking last minute for the past 3-4yrs. Always get to decent digs in places like tenerife or portugal for silly cheap!!
Mase
Premium Member

8th Jun 10 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah we've decided on Tenerife, never been so thought we'd give it a go.... Just need to find a decent bar to show the world cup!

Mase
Shell
Premium Member

8th Jun 10 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well due to tight restrictions on our time off, we can now only fly from Scotland, rather than Manchester as planned. So we've narrowed it down to Turkey, Greece or Cyprus purely because there's no point spending a fortune now if we can't get the holiday we wanted. So now the aim is just to get away to a nice hotel in a nice place. Still be happy to spend £500-£700 so I'd imagine we'll be able to find somewhere good!
LeeM

9th Jun 10 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my holiday was booked last year, heading out in 2 weeks. its got more expensive every week and nearly double what we paid now. dunno if thats anything to do with location (ibiza)
Xs

9th Jun 10 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
my holiday was booked last year, heading out in 2 weeks. its got more expensive every week and nearly double what we paid now. dunno if thats anything to do with location (ibiza)

Prices for Ibiza have been going up since the start of the year. When I booked mine the guy was telling me that its went up so much where as all the other places have remained the same. Guess its cause they know folk will always want to go there, where as magaluf etc are all similar so price will probably dictate your final choice on where to go.

6 weeks is last minute? I thought you meant like 3 days before?! Have a look on teletext holidays website, usually do decent last minute holidays.
LeeM

9th Jun 10 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we went to book it but one of us didnt make it in time so we had to go the next day and it went up by £30 in a day :\
Shell
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I should probably have mentioned we aren't booking a shit hole on teletext holidays in order to go cheap. We're not looking for huge savings, just thought that a saving of £100-£200 per person would make a massive difference.
Nath

9th Jun 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go to Cyprus, Paphos in particular. Lovely resort.
Shell
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't mean any of you guys have booked a shite hole btw! On Thomsons, last minute deals start 6 weeks before!
Xs

9th Jun 10 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to cofirm, you can actually book 5 star hotels on teletext. Its only cheaper as they have very little overheads as they have no shops etc like thomas cook.

If you can get over your snobbery and actually have a look then www.icelolly.co.uk also do decent deals.

Saying that though the prices on the thomas cook site seem to have came down a bit since I booked Ibiza last month.
gravesy

9th Jun 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had a problem with Teletext - give them a call and ask for Doris she went out of her way to sort out a holiday for us last time.
Shell
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Snobbery Knew somebodies knickers would get in a twist. I didn't suggest you couldn't get 5 star hotels and I didn't mean to offend you. I simply said I'm not trying to get it as cheap as possible by booking a rubbish hotel, not that i wouldn't use teletext holidays.

But thank you for the suggestions, I'll have a look.

[Edited on 09-06-2010 by Shell]
Limecat
Banned

9th Jun 10 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shell, if you just want to get away for a week or two to somewhere that's a bit warmer where you can get your back ripped out then you can stay at mine in Stockport!
Xs

9th Jun 10 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually meant to add a after snobbery but missed it lol.

Oh and lloret de mar, is nice if you dont want anything to hectic!
Shell
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My back ripped out? ...

Where's that Xs?
Xs

9th Jun 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spain, along from Barcelona on the coast.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Last minute holiday booking 24 database queries in 0.3954840 seconds