corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Manchester Airport Parking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Manchester Airport Parking
Danny P

User status: Offline
9th Jun 10 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going away on Thursday and just realised I ant booked any parking for the airport

Just had a look on here: http://www.skyparksecure.com/airport_parking/availability/resultPage and noticed the top one is a fair bit cheaper. Only draw back is that is 12 miles away, and a 15 min transfer via "shuttle bus"

Has anyone used it, and can let me know what its like? Dont fancy leaving my car with a set of cowboys while im away.

Other than that, anyone recommend anywhere else? The second option at £22.00 doesn't seem too bad so will probably go with them if nothing else comes up.

Ta
Twiggy

9th Jun 10 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a program on BBC ages ago where the company just park your car in a street when they are full, ding your doors and run about in it aswell. Best offparking onsite imo.

Where do you live??

[Edited on 09-06-2010 by Twiggy]
RichR
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to use purple parking for Heathrow which is a similar set up - its really good, they drop you off and pick you up in accordance with your flight times. Really good service, also used something similar for east midlands recently and had no problems either time.

Obviously take everything out of your car as they retain the keys - you drop it off, they park it up but also bring it back to where the bus drops you off in time for collection. Both times we've used them, there was less than 0.5miles extra on the clock so they'd obviously not been anywhere.

I have heard horror stories of peopels cars being left at the airport with similar firms, then thrashed about for 50/60 miles to a farm building and just left there until they drop them back at the airport when you return - however, if you're actually going to the site where all the cars are parked, you're in a better knowledge of where your car is going as well.
gravesy

9th Jun 10 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They showed a Gatwick one on Rogue Traders once where they'd thrash the shit out of your car and leave it on an industrial estate.

The bloke who was running it was a part time stipper as well and they invited him round to strip and sent in Mall Allright. Didn't need to see that tbh.
Danny P

9th Jun 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I used to use purple parking for Heathrow which is a similar set up - its really good, they drop you off and pick you up in accordance with your flight times. Really good service, also used something similar for east midlands recently and had no problems either time.

Obviously take everything out of your car as they retain the keys - you drop it off, they park it up but also bring it back to where the bus drops you off in time for collection. Both times we've used them, there was less than 0.5miles extra on the clock so they'd obviously not been anywhere.

I have heard horror stories of peopels cars being left at the airport with similar firms, then thrashed about for 50/60 miles to a farm building and just left there until they drop them back at the airport when you return - however, if you're actually going to the site where all the cars are parked, you're in a better knowledge of where your car is going as well.

Thinm my mum used Purple Parking the other month when she went to Mexico and she said they were decent. Might have a look at them an all.

Live in Bradford. Would usually get a taxi over but there is only 2 of us going from over here so wouldn't really be worthwhile. Looked at train an all but its a massive hastle getting to train station that early in the morning.
RichR
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't have an issue with them, especially as you're going to the site and its not one of these where they colelct your car from the airport and you don't know where it ends up
Limecat
Banned

9th Jun 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny, when I click the link it isn't showing the location?

Am I right to think it is just off the bypass at Handforth Dean next to the 24 hr Tesco/M&S etc?
pow
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used BCP when I went to Luton, no extra miles on the close and dirt cheap...
noshua

9th Jun 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We used APH when we flew from Gatwick. Drive the car into a marked square where there are cameras pointing all around the car, obviously taking pictures in case it gets damaged whilst you're away.

Transfer was about 15minutes, can't fault them.

edit; rate was ~£30 a week IIRC

[Edited on 09-06-2010 by noshua]
Danny P

9th Jun 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the infomation guys, but i've just checked my tickets & I actually fly from Leeds/Bradford

AndyKent

9th Jun 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a fool
Nath

9th Jun 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny wtf
JonnyJ

9th Jun 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FUCKING LOL

I am going to have to give you a big fat
Kurt

9th Jun 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Manchester Airport Parking 23 database queries in 0.3430300 seconds