corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Veyron VS GTR

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Veyron VS GTR
John

User status: Offline
12th Jun 10 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a wee bit fast though and that Skyline is pulling away like it's standing still.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jun 10 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah that vid isnt right, i dont have a problem with a gtr beating a veyron, but not in the way it pulled away there, thats like 2000+ bhp
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Jun 10 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the first video I posted you could tell the Veyron was attempting to keep up at the start then he just stopped and slowed down, that's when the GTR fucked off in to the distance. You can actually hear the Veyron driver ease off at around 1.34. Up until that point though I would say they are both giving it beans, the Switzer GTR just seems to be quicker.

[Edited on 12-06-2010 by DannyB]
sand-eel

12th Jun 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
veyron only weighs 100kgs more, as its carbon fibre.
That GTR will have more than 1000bhp, quite common on the older skylines.

yeah... everyone has a 1000bhp+ Skyline

On their PS2 maybe.

Common my ass.

I don't mean every tuned skyline you see is 1000bhp+, I mean compared to other cars it is common, you don't see very many 1000bhp+ other cars.
Stu

12th Jun 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a top vid! Was gonna say though, the GTR had to be tweaked a bit cos rolling from 60 there was nothing between mine and my mates standard GTR.

Could be my next car that!!
FlamingCorsa

12th Jun 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
In the first video I posted you could tell the Veyron was attempting to keep up at the start then he just stopped and slowed down, that's when the GTR fucked off in to the distance. You can actually hear the Veyron driver ease off at around 1.34. Up until that point though I would say they are both giving it beans, the Switzer GTR just seems to be quicker.

[Edited on 12-06-2010 by DannyB]

spot on, i would say the gtr is little faster which if its running similar power it will be!

guy in the vayron also seemed more sensible! he eased off both times first! seems fair enough with a car worth that money!
FlamingCorsa

12th Jun 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get nics car running along side on dry road with good traction and he would prob keep up!
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Jun 10 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No chance, Nic's car maybe fast but it would get left at the starting line against any of the cars in that video.
Novaneil

12th Jun 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
A standard Veyron would only beat my 470AWHP Skyline by 0.8 seconds over 1/4mile.

On Paper....

The veyrom has the headline power, and price tag. This doesnt mean its the fastest thing .... ever...

But surely for you to go 0.8 secs quicker over the 1/4 miles (from what? 11secs down to a 10.2 or something like that) you'd need a LOT more power wouldn't you?

^ Thats a genuine question by the way, I thought when you get down to 9's 10's & 11's it takes considerably more power in the same car to go quicker once the launches have "optimised" ???
AK

12th Jun 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a lot more power... but it would still look like a close race in real life. Can you think how close 0.8 a second would look if both cars had an identical launch. Maybe a car a couple of car lengths.

I'm just highlighting that peak power doesnt count for everything...
AK

12th Jun 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/137990-my-gtr34-vs-veyron.html
Greasemonkey

12th Jun 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Veyron Lifted off GTR would not stand a chance
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Jun 10 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
Veyron Lifted off GTR would not stand a chance

The GTR was ahead until the Veyron lifted off, he backed off as he knew he was losing.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Veyron VS GTR 23 database queries in 0.0116351 seconds