corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bike test

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bike test
chloe16v

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 10 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the best/easiest way to get your full bike licence if you have your CBT? can you just book your theory then book the mod1 and mod2 test? then you can ride a bike up to 33hp for 2 years, right? is that 2 years from taking your CBT or the full bike test?
Rickavo

22nd Jun 10 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

23rd Jun 10 at 12:36 AM   
Thats right and its from when you pass your test.
How old are you because if your 21 you can do a direct access so you can ride any size bike straight away

lostboy
Banned

22nd Jun 10 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxi-kid
Thats right and its from when you pass your test.
How old are you because if your 21 you can do a direct access so you can ride any size bike straight away

Is that how it works? I thought you still had to be restricted in your first year, so if I passed my test tomorrow I could jump on a 1300cc widow maker?
Rickavo

22nd Jun 10 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pretty sure its 21 and yes do a direct access and youre unrestricted straight away
chloe16v

22nd Jun 10 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know about the direct access, its not for me though and id rather he didnt just jump straight on a big bike dont like him on the things to start with
lostboy
Banned

23rd Jun 10 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let the man have some fun.
chloe16v

23rd Jun 10 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no
nick mulvey

23rd Jun 10 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

motorbikes are for summer ya car is all year round
Sean8v

23rd Jun 10 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Direct access scheme

Direct access is a scheme which allows a person over the age of 21 to avoid the two year/25 kW restriction by taking a test on a machine of at least 35 kW (46.6 bhp). A pass allows you to ride any size of bike. Any instruction given on a machine that exceeds the normal learner motorcycle specification must be supervised at all times by a certified motorcycle instructor who should be in radio contact. You should also wear fluorescent or reflective clothing and follow all other provisional licence restrictions.

Accelerated access

Riders who reach the age of 21, while still within the two year period where they are restricted to maximum 25 kW (33 bhp) machines, but who wish to ride larger bikes need to pass a further test on a motorcycle of at least 35 kW (46.6 bhp). They may practise on bikes over 25 kW (33 bhp) under the same practice conditions for direct access riders. You will revert to learner status while practising (on a motorcycle greater than 25 kW (33 bhp)) although test failure will not affect your existing licence.

think that explains it
Sean8v

23rd Jun 10 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad owns a bike school and as far as im aware being over 21 still allows you jump on any bike after a direct access . . . .^^^^^that was just posted off a web page
corsa120

23rd Jun 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chloe let him do a das course, you believe it or not are being abit silly...... a slower bike does not mean you are safer, in my opinion it makes you un-safe on a 125 type bike as they are to slow for our roads and traffic takes silly risks to get past you.......

im a biker pasted last year and jumped staright onto a 1200 bandit. you just have to remember a bike is only as fast as you twist the throttle open

let him have a bigger bike, the speed thing is only what narrow minded/ inexperianced people talk about, in my opinion on todays roads you need a minimum of a 500cc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bike test 23 database queries in 0.5701511 seconds