corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Very happy with the1.6 sport transplant!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Very happy with the1.6 sport transplant!
richc

User status: Offline
26th Jun 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a few rolling races in my puma with a fiesta st from 30-90 and they were the same. Ive driven both and they feel about the same. I use to have a corsa, and my puma was alot faster than the corsa, so unless you just drag race to 50 mph all the time i dont belive it. Thankyou
Graham88

27th Jun 10 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by markx14xe
i have raced a fiesta st off the lights before and just kept up with him to 3rd gear then he had me >x16xe aswell

i had straight thro cat back exhaust 4 in1 manifold remapped k& n panel filter with a big cold air feed had a dyno print off for 122bhp i had 8.5 0 to 60mph topspeed of 120mph

See that I can believe, the bigger engine will pull more top end
taylorboosh

27th Jun 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i believe the first coment, fiesta sts are nothing special
Jack1.6valver

27th Jun 10 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by markx14xe
i have raced a fiesta st off the lights before and just kept up with him to 3rd gear then he had me >x16xe aswell

i had straight thro cat back exhaust 4 in1 manifold remapped k& n panel filter with a big cold air feed had a dyno print off for 122bhp i had 8.5 0 to 60mph topspeed of 120mph

Are you talking about a x16xe? top speed of 120 mph? you had to be using a different gear box,remapped it to a slower top speed or not have enough road to get it flat out. I had a mantzel on mine with a cold air feed induction kit,had it flat out at 137mph on a number of occasions and ran a 16.1 1/4 mile at crail beating a 1.8 sri corsa c by a baw hair and smoked a stripped out astra 18xe
taylorboosh

27th Jun 10 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your dreaming mate his figure is far more realistic
Jack1.6valver

27th Jun 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might still have the print out of the day for proof. Anyone that was at crail total vauxhall 2008 would have seen me beat the astra and corsa c in the under 1800 class so i'm hardly dreaming. And like i said i had it slapping off the limiter flat out and 137 many a time whether you chose to beleive it or not dosent really phase me. Pushed nearly 115 out of a 1.2 16v down hill so i dont see how his figure for a remapped 1.6 doin 120mph is realistic at all! Someone else must of had the x16xe flat out on here and can surely back my figures?
taylorboosh

27th Jun 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was it on a sat nav? or speedo because as we all know speedos miss read by miles
N3CRO

27th Jun 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jack1.6valver
Pushed nearly 115 out of a 1.2 16v down hill

Yeah, ya speedo might've said that but that wouldn't have been how fast ya going.
I was once in a 1.2 8v going 110mph on speedo, thats not what the sat nav I was holding was saying.
Wasn't even 100mph. Anyways, the top speed of them is only supposed to be 90mph so I wouldn't say 115mph is achievable.
Jack1.6valver

27th Jun 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

goin down to pvs i had 111 on the sat nav in the 1.2 that was flat out on flat motorway and it wasnt about to do anything better. The 1600 137 was on the speedo but say it is out,its definetly going faster than 120mph,i dont beleive a remapped 1600 with a k&n filter and 4 brancher only got 120 flat out.
Nic Barnes

27th Jun 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would guess it would depend on rolling radius of wheels, rev limit and power to pull to new rev limit etc.

its a really pointless argument saying how fast you can get flat out as no matter what you say people will say its false. and most of the time they are correct.
Eck
Premium Member

27th Jun 10 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
I would rather have a more modern car with luxuries and comforts then an older car. I have never owned a car with an ECU problem nor know anyone to pay thousands for an ECU

I'd rather have an old car with the luxuries and comforts and pay a quarter of the price to get the same quality of a newer car
weedon

27th Jun 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X16XE flat the fuck out
Crana

27th Jun 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always thought the sport boxs only done 125 flat out
Nic Barnes

27th Jun 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheel size and limiter and power depending though.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Very happy with the1.6 sport transplant! 23 database queries in 0.3172231 seconds