corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » thompsons holidays suck

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author thompsons holidays suck
baza31

User status: Offline
27th Jun 10 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i arrived back today into england two days late, i took the gf to dominican republic for 14 nights, to cut a long story short i upgraded our room to delux and upgraded our flights to superior at an additional cost to the holiday. Now we was meant to fly home thursday, but when we got to the airport the plane never arrived, it flew to another airport and the rep said it was due to bad weather (it was very mild rain) so we had to stay over again, thomsons took all 250+ to another hotel, after 3 hours bus ride to the other side of the island the hotel they "apparently" booked was not booked by them at all, so we had to wait 2.5 hours for new coaches to collect us with no food or drink from 6.30pm to 9pm . Then they took all of us to a SHIT hole that i wouldnt let my dog sleep in ,there was no electric at the start, there was paint buckets in the room as it was getting decorated, there was no curtains in the room and the air con didnt work. The missus was moaning but it was only for 1 night to decided to stick it out, I asked the rep who wasnt even thompsons what our new departure time was, he worked for hotel beds, he told us 6pm we would be collected for our transfer, i double checked saying definatly 6pm and he agreed. we got up about 10 and went and put our cases in the lobby and was going to walk to the beach when the woman behind the counter said "your flight has left" So the fucking monkey told me the wrong time with his shit english didnt know the diffence between AM and PM. I phone the customer services going crackers and they booked and paid for a flight on sat (two days on)
, I had to pay for my room for the night at $140 .I got to the airport and we had to wait for everyone to check in (took two hours) before they would let uscheck in. and the rep was just a rude american women with an attitude. She said that we cant have our premium seats and that we have to pay departure tax again (got told by the rep who said in front of her that we didnt) but we did..so another 40 dollars, then we couldnt sit together. The rep said it was our fault and was really going on at us, i said you (thompsons) have clearly admitted responsibility due to paying our flight home. She said it cost $1000 and it was a good will gesture which is bullshit! there was also seats in premium but we couldnt sit in there. Also my tv didnt work all the way back and my light wouldnt turn off

i know it sounds a rant but its cost me $140 for the room, $80 for the tax and a full weekends wages.

do i have a valid point? who would i get to write a good letter would this be from a solicitor? i dont want to end up having to pay any more out really but i am SOOO pissed off with these monkeys that i need to take it further.
cheers in advance for any help.

Its really pissed me off, i paid over 2k for the holiday and
taylorboosh

27th Jun 10 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont say this.... im using thompsons in a week
Tomnova16
Premium Member

27th Jun 10 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

write a letter to head office, then send it again in a week and keep sending it untill they get back to you, or email. should get some sort of compensation, do them for loss of earnings too as you should of been back to work

we have used thompson quite a few times and never had a problem with them.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Cavey

27th Jun 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never had a problem with Thomsons.

Unlucky to her about all that thou.
Cosmo

27th Jun 10 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Premium Member

27th Jun 10 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never known anyone to have a problem like that with Thomsons, even during the ash cloud hoo haa. I think you've just been really unfortunate. I'd call up Thomson Customer service, see what they say, if nothing useful, demand the details for head office and kick up an unholy fuss to them via letter, email etc.
Jambo

27th Jun 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
I've never had a problem with Thomsons.

Unlucky to her about all that thou.
Lawrah
Premium Member

27th Jun 10 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah ive never had a problem with Thompson, but dont let it settle, take it all the way.
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Jun 10 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Seems a lot has gone wrong since he snafled that 2k or what ever it was on topic though I'd be ringing up customer services and causing a riot, that's not on.

[Edited on 27-06-2010 by DannyB]
Ben G

27th Jun 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

bet he didn't even pay for it. probably stole the money then pretended he was some high flying play boy.
am4nf

27th Jun 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would storm into the place you booked the holiday and kick up utter fuck, demanding some sort of compo
Ingham
Banned

27th Jun 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to work for THOMSON (no P), never heard of a complaint from our region. Every holiday company has niggles though.
mantamark

27th Jun 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was punctuated, i would have read it, but i cant be arsed.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

27th Jun 10 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

bet he didn't even pay for it. probably stole the money then pretended he was some high flying play boy.

was this the stolen money from loft incident
karma indeed

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Cosmo

27th Jun 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah it's a bitch. Still can't stop laughing at this.
Limecat
Banned

27th Jun 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
I asked the rep who wasnt even thompsons what our new departure time was, he worked for hotel beds, he told us 6pm we would be collected for our transfer

A lot of points I would pick up on but can you point out Thompsons liability in this? You know, the company you are ranting about?
Limecat
Banned

27th Jun 10 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's this stolen money thing about? Does someone want to give me a link?
Conway563

27th Jun 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=511602
gravesy

28th Jun 10 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1) Don't do anything by phone. If it's not written down it hasn't been said.
2) Get someone else to write the letter of complaint. Your post looks like you dropped something on the keyboard.
stubbsy05

29th Jun 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had to complain with Thomson. Keep writing etters, you will get somewhere. We got money off another hol.
adiohead

29th Jun 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gravesy
2) Get someone else to write the letter of complaint. Your post looks like you dropped something on the keyboard.

whitter45

30th Jun 10 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TUI have the worst customer service when flights are delayed etc

They just dont want to know and i wouldnt hold much hope of getting anything back

I am in process of getting compensation for the way I was treated on my holiday when the rental car broke down

So far i have been refunded $400 but i will get more lol
whitter45

30th Jun 10 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
I would storm into the place you booked the holiday and kick up utter fuck, demanding some sort of compo

if you booked it online that wont work as webiste holidays and agent holidays are 2 seperate companies so wont entertain you
Tom

30th Jun 10 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would spend a bit of time writing a clear and cohesive letter to them followed by a phone call a few days later.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » thompsons holidays suck 24 database queries in 0.0474050 seconds